New Bronco at Baja!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MacK88DO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn that’s looking good... if they throw our raptor drivetrain underneath that thing is going to rip! So to speculate, I say they put the 2.7 TT eco boost in it. That’s if they plan to try and keep the f150 raptor king of the hill. I think 400ish hp/450ish TQ would be a sweet spot from the factory. That 5 link rear has me jelly right now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Damn that’s looking good... if they throw our raptor drivetrain underneath that thing is going to rip! So to speculate, I say they put the 2.7 TT eco boost in it. That’s if they plan to try and keep the f150 raptor king of the hill. I think 400ish hp/450ish TQ would be a sweet spot from the factory. That 5 link rear has me jelly right now...

They pretty much said Ranger Raptor with Bronco body. Since we don't get a Ranger Raptor here, it makes sense to go smaller Bronco Raptor.

MacK88DO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They pretty much said Ranger Raptor with Bronco body. Since we don't get a Ranger Raptor here, it makes sense to go smaller Bronco Raptor.
Ranger Raptor is a start but the power plants they offer in those foreign market rigs leave a lot to be desired. Pretty sure it’s either ecoboost 4 cylinder similar to what’s in the mustang here or a diesel option. They said in the video it was a twin turbo engine they were testing which makes me think 2.7 or 3.5 V6. In any case I’ve been watching the bronco closely and I’m stoked to see Ford doing this kind of testing!

OP
OP
SVTTrooper

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bad luck at Baja I guess, lotsa rain and delayed a day, Bronco didn't finish (along with about half the field they let run the course, which sounded really bad this time). Better luck next time, hope they run another race with it.

https://www.thedrive.com/accelerato...o-r-race-truck-fails-to-finish-2019-baja-1000

yeah Baja is a killer.. I followed it all weekend at work LOL.

I was surprised they had skid plate issues, control arm issues and a electrical fan problem. of course the warriors on social media were crying how a 5.0 or 7.3 wouldn't have had a fan failure because production engines use mechanical fans .. even though so many off road race trucks run electrical these days.

Now I'm not a HUGE EcoBoost fan but seriously, I'm not a crusty old guy (lol I'm 34) who acts like only an old school V8 can get the job done. that EcoBoost platform has finished a few times and won it's class in a Raptor.

like you said Ben just bad luck, hopefully it's not BJ Baldwin's bad luck LOL that dude is cursed.

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yeah Baja is a killer.. I followed it all weekend at work LOL.

I was surprised they had skid plate issues, control arm issues and a electrical fan problem. of course the warriors on social media were crying how a 5.0 or 7.3 wouldn't have had a fan failure because production engines use mechanical fans .. even though so many off road race trucks run electrical these days.

Now I'm not a HUGE EcoBoost fan but seriously, I'm not a crusty old guy (lol I'm 34) who acts like only an old school V8 can get the job done. that EcoBoost platform has finished a few times and won it's class in a Raptor.

like you said Ben just bad luck, hopefully it's not BJ Baldwin's bad luck LOL that dude is cursed.

The overall winners were two Mexican Nationals, brothers, in a Raptor, so I read... Not sure what motor they ran but I'm assuming at their level, it is likely a gen 2 and therefore probably an Ecoboost. I could be totally wrong here though...

OP
OP
SVTTrooper

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The overall winners were two Mexican Nationals, brothers, in a Raptor, so I read... Not sure what motor they ran but I'm assuming at their level, it is likely a gen 2 and therefore probably an Ecoboost. I could be totally wrong here though...

no..

they ran a ID Design Trophy Truck with a "Raptor" body.

So many manufacturers use Ford style bodies, but that doesn't make them real Fords. all Trophy Trucks are unlimited displacement blocks with forced induction and a fully built tube chassis. BJ Baldwin said at KOH this year that for Baja they were allowing big blocks which changed the wording to say "Unlimited engine displacement". before they were all running small block V8s. no one is running a ecoboost lol.. and as much as Gen 2 owners would LOVE that I don't see that happening.

But yes, Team Papas and Beer did get the overall win for the 1000.

Fordraptorrrrrrrr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no..

they ran a ID Design Trophy Truck with a "Raptor" body.

So many manufacturers use Ford style bodies, but that doesn't make them real Fords. all Trophy Trucks are unlimited displacement blocks with forced induction and a fully built tube chassis. BJ Baldwin said at KOH this year that for Baja they were allowing big blocks which changed the wording to say "Unlimited engine displacement". before they were all running small block V8s. no one is running a ecoboost lol.. and as much as Gen 2 owners would LOVE that I don't see that happening.

But yes, Team Papas and Beer did get the overall win for the 1000.
No current TT that I'm aware of runs FI, the last TT to run FI was Josh Daniel of DanZio in his last TT and he didnt run that truck all that much.