New aFe Sway-away Shocks installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SpeedRaptor

Reaction score
I installed my new aFe Sway-away Shocks over the weekend. What a huge difference they made. My old Foxes were shot and these really work well. The installation was not terrible, the fronts are more challenging than the back by a long shot but everything is together and tested. The only real problem I had was from the crappy factory lug bolts. The chrome cover was sticking in my socket and I had to replace all of the lug nuts. A trip to the local auto store and I was good to go.

Has anyone else gone this route?

IMG_6139.jpegIMG_6143.jpeg

IMG_6140.jpegIMG_6142.jpeg

Anyone need some nice used Foxes for rebuild?
IMG_6144.jpeg

Eyespyautomotive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, did it last year. IMO they are too stiff, makes the raptor feel like an F250, and the finish hasnt held up that great but they still look decent. Looks like we might have similar trucks.

TrailWhale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a set of Sway A Way on my 150.
2.5” with external reservoirs. Ive been very happy with them, they did settle just a bit after about 20,000 miles but not bad. I’m cowing up on 50,000 miles on mine and so far no leaks or issues. I will be rebuilding them soon and may go to a slightly softer compression side at that time. But otherwise they have been a solid choice.

FiveOsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed my new aFe Sway-away Shocks over the weekend. What a huge difference they made. My old Foxes were shot and these really work well. The installation was not terrible, the fronts are more challenging than the back by a long shot but everything is together and tested. The only real problem I had was from the crappy factory lug bolts. The chrome cover was sticking in my socket and I had to replace all of the lug nuts. A trip to the local auto store and I was good to go.

View attachment 324995View attachment 324996

View attachment 324998View attachment 324999

View attachment 325001
Are they free? :)

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score

View attachment 324995View attachment 324996

View attachment 324998View attachment 324999

View attachment 325001

Definitely would if i didnt still need to pay state sales tax and registration on mine lol

OP
OP
SpeedRaptor

SpeedRaptor

Reaction score
Yup, did it last year. IMO they are too stiff, makes the raptor feel like an F250, and the finish hasnt held up that great but they still look decent. Looks like we might have similar trucks.
I agree, they are indeed rather stiff. I think it will be fine though. I don't have a good comparison since I have not driven my Raptor with good functioning Fox shocks on it.

madmax62

Reaction score
I agree, they are indeed rather stiff. I think it will be fine though. I don't have a good comparison since I have not driven my Raptor with good functioning Fox shocks on it.
When you guys say stiff, what does that mean? I bought my raptor with already worn out shocks and haven’t been impressed so I have no clue how a raptor is supposed to ride but I did order the sway away by afe bc I didn’t want to spend 5k on 3.0 shocks. Are they worth the money?