Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

New ADD bumper at sema

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Exterior Forum [GEN 2]' started by Turbogoat324, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Addictive Desert Designs

Addictive Desert Designs FRF Addict

These are pickup trucks, not formula 1 cars or a nascar. So a few pounds on the front of the truck will not be noticeable in my opinion, unless you are jumping the truck far distances. I will say that if you are big into jumping your truck, of course the lighter the better. Pro frame cut or pro bolt on would be best. Again, I used the heaviest bumper we make as an example. Most of our front bumpers are the same as stock, or about 10-15 lbs heavier.

PRO frame cut & mounting brackets all together weighs 56lbs (keep in mind you are cutting probably 15 or so lbs of frame off the truck)
    PRO bolt on weighs 55lbs

2. Hector Leal

Hector Leal Full Access Member

So light AF. END OF DISCUSSION.

RonPorter likes this.
  3. Leftsidej

Leftsidej Full Access Member

Bomber is gorgeous. Only issue is how much would those lights cost as well for the set? End up paying 5 grand after it’s all done because you have to run the rigid or Baja lights as I’m sure it looks rather weird without any lights.

Damn.

4. Raptor911

Raptor911 FRF Addict

I spent $1,669.31 on cyber monday just for lights. And now I have to get the bumper. My biggest peeve is that this bumper cost $2,199.97 and then the ACC bracket runs you another $272.97. GRRRRRR! So my setup will cost $4142. The $2,199.97 should include the ACC bracket.

no doubt ADD is making a killing on their bumpers.

5. Leftsidej

What light setup did you go with? Are you also going to go with the bomber? I totally agree. 300 bucks for a bracket is CRAZY. I don’t use adaptive CC so for that price I’d pry hold off on it for awhile personally.

6. Slow6

Slow6 Full Access Member

Or get the Full Race inner cooler that has a built in place to mount the adaptive CC bracket at the top of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Leftsidej

8k later lolol

8. Krillin

Krillin Full Access Member

I heard add sold their company not sure of true

9. Raptor911

Raptor911 FRF Addict

3 LP6 and a pair of Squadron pros. In my opinion, Baja Design makes a superior product when compared to Rigid. BUT Rigid has gotten better in recent years BUT BD has always made a really really good product. You get what you paid for.

I plan to go with the bomber but the more I think about the ACC bracket, the more it pisses me off.

I believe the only vote we have as consumers is our wallet.

I am also considering this bumper where the ACC bracket is included and much lighter and no rust EVER. Granted I have to add some light tabs >> http://www.bajamod.com/bumpers/bajamod-blade

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
    Leftsidej likes this.
  10. Leftsidej

That is very true, good points. Nice looking bumper there, I do like the Bomber, like a lot. Upsets me that I have to drop all that money on to mandatory lights, though. Wonder if another company like maybe KC or someone makes a cheaper version that would fit in the bumper?