New 22 vs New 23 buying help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tpostell

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I am purchasing a new raptor due to my gen 2 being stolen. I have a bronco raptor hopefully coming by the end of the year so this truck is short term.

I have two options currently. A new 22 white, 801a, blue interior and moonroof pack $81.6 MSRP with 1k markup. Option 2 is new 23 black on black with just the moonroof pack $80.5 MSRP with 5k markup.

From what I understand the 22 has heated wheel, alarm, and locking front diff that the 23 does not have. I have dealer buddies saying even though the 23 is more expensive with markup I will do better on resale just because of the model year.

Really just concerned with resale since the bronco raptor is incoming eventually.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I am purchasing a new raptor due to my gen 2 being stolen. I have a bronco raptor hopefully coming by the end of the year so this truck is short term.

I have two options currently. A new 22 white, 801a, blue interior and moonroof pack $81.6 MSRP with 1k markup. Option 2 is new 23 black on black with just the moonroof pack $80.5 MSRP with 5k markup.

From what I understand the 22 has heated wheel, alarm, and locking front diff that the 23 does not have. I have dealer buddies saying even though the 23 is more expensive with markup I will do better on resale just because of the model year.

Really just concerned with resale since the bronco raptor is incoming eventually.
Not necessarily by as much as they might think - you said yourself, you get the heated wheel in the ’22 and there was a stiff ’22 - ’23 msrp increase.
The Torsen front diff is a very good thing to have on the Rap.

Paying 5k above MSRP in this economic climate is stupid, absent some life altering event.

While some dealers may be able to turn around a less optioned ’23 for more, you can see on the threads here on FRF, Torsen is important and the heated steering wheel is not the gimmick some of us made it out to be at first.
(yeah... I balked at the $150 charge for the heated wheel in ’17 but changed my mind the first cold morning remote start and getting into a cozy warm truck).

I vote for the 2022 model.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I said I’m a thread & still 100% stand by it, I’ll probably wind up in an R in 1.5 - 2 years & ill buy new like $20-25k below sticker or slightly used for a bigger discount. It’s just around the corner, you’ll see.

I still have an offer on paper for a ‘18 GMC Sierra Denali ultimate that stickered $70k’ish $15k off & 0% interest lol!!! That was in mid 2018, not that long ago! People have short memories & zero patience.

Only reason I may not have an R as a toy truck in a couple years is b/c the TRX is too cheap to pass up lol

Non-Sense

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but in 2018, dealers could afford to have more stock units as the interest rate environment was less than 2%. On top of that, GM makes around 250,000 Sierras per year, so even if as few as 5% of those were Denali Ultimates, that’s still 12,500 trucks. I will take the other side of the bet that the Raptor R will ever be 20-25k below sticker, as the production numbers just won’t support that kind of drop off.

trav7314

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If R’s start selling much less than MSRP buy it quick because that will be Ford’s cue to stop making them. They only priced it as high as they did because they knew the people in line were willing to pay.

All of these trucks have accelerated so high in cost because the current market bears it.

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If R’s start selling much less than MSRP buy it quick because that will be Ford’s cue to stop making them. They only priced it as high as they did because they knew the people in line were willing to pay.

All of these trucks have accelerated so high in cost because the current market bears it.
The TRX has been selling under MSRP since it was released. You just need to go to the right dealers. If Fords intentions are not to turn and burn the R they’re leaving a lot of money on the table that RAM will gladly take.