New 2021 Prototype Raptor Coming with NEW Light Kit Options.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Output from the factory fogs is lacking, so looking forward to the options as well. From a quick look, wish Baja Designs had a laser S2 option, not just S1. That would probably be the max output/throw from the smaller 2x3 openings. One S2 laser and one S2 pro driving on each side.

OP
OP
Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We could use some good news after this huge scheduling delay, and a ton of people getting pushed back days/weeks lol. Cant wait to see what you got

Well, we drove it back today. We picked it up at a great dealer we work with that is located about 2 hours away from us. First impressions are WOW!. From drivability, handling, suspension improvements, to all the electronic upgrades... It is night and day improved. (And we didn't order the 37. The overall suspension is MUCH improved) From the outside, the subtle changes you may not notice as extreme, don't really tell the story of how much it is improved from a drivability standpoint.

Now, with the exception of the rear bumper, the body changes are a lot more significant than it may look from a photo online. We actually took the time to do a somewhat simple side by side comparison of our 2019 2nd Gen, and the new 3rd gen 21. Sitting side by side really tells that story about how much improvement and change there really was. I will be editing that footage here soon and post it up. Then I will do a more detailed video on the 21 model alone.
Were going to get to work here and come up with some really cool new options. While the fog opening will present some challenges to what we really want to put in there, we will get some good options put together. Other promising areas are the lower grille opening has plenty of room for another 10-12" light bar. The top grille, as I have read from others is more shallow to the active shutters, however, the grille itself in the front is more FLAT. So difficulties fitting strait light bars may not be as bad. Time will tell, but I think we will have options there again.
A-Pillars are also going to be something we will focus on. The antenna has moved from the fender to the cowl. So we should have the ability to position possibly some bigger lights up there if there is a desire. However, most will still want the 3x3 or 4x4 lights.
Rear lights we have for our gen 2 should cross over flawlessly. However, we will release a new tail light plug n play adapter for this model which has a different connector. Because the hardware is there, we should be able to start shipping the rear light kits with a new adapter in as soon as a week or so on short demand. We will just need to assemble the new style tail light adapters in house until we ramp up production in bulk.

So I know many of you are waiting, but I can tell you, the wait is worth it.

John

Raptorlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly! All of the small details are impossible to appreciate from pictures along. The way the new fenders end much further in the rear, etc., is just awesome.

OP
OP

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well, I got started with a few things right away.

First, all of our Rear/reverse kits including the Rigid Radiance, Scene, SRL, Baja Designs S2, and Diode Dynamics 2 series pods will cross over flawlessly with our hardware with ONE change. The optional Tail Light adapter which gives you the plug n play reverse trigger and backlight feature with the parking lights/markers has changed. I already prototyped a new version pictured below. So there will be a new kit option for 21, but the hardware will cross over. The full harness will as well. It's just the optional adapter that will be different.

Fog wise, we look good on getting 2 full size pods in there on each side. The inner most ones will have the most clearance, but they will both look fine. So be it 2 pairs of Rigid, or 2 pairs of Baja. We will have options for both.

Grille Wise. I hope we can get a Baja 30' in there again, but it may be tight. I do think I can get the SRL 20" in there at least. We may also be able to get a 20" Radiance SR or other Rigid SR lights as well as 20" Baja Bars. I will start with the grille areas next week some time.

The lower grille looks good for the 10" light bars again. I can't say yet if we will need to make an adjustment to our current mounts.

A-Pillars will get an update. Ford moved the Antenna to the cowl. So we will make some adjustments and release those soon as well.

I also created a prototype backlight adapter for the front grille. So for those who get backlit lights we will have available, will be all set.

John

IMG_2237.jpgIMG_2239.jpgIMG_2241.jpgIMG_2222.jpg

KevoUsmc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
From the picture it almost looked like the hole was too small for the new Rigids, I was almost expecting we might have to cut away some of that surrounding plastic Ford used. But the back shape of the lights looks like you could potentially just shove it in there lol. Thanks for the updates!

OP
OP

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
From the picture it almost looked like the hole was too small for the new Rigids, I was almost expecting we might have to cut away some of that surrounding plastic Ford used. But the back shape of the lights looks like you could potentially just shove it in there lol. Thanks for the updates!

The picture can be deceiving. Keep in mind the further away an object is, the smaller it appears. Since the light is closer to the camera than the bumper, it throws your perception off a bit. If you look at the light pressed up against the opening backwards and notice the case within the hole, you can see it will fit. We will work on a replacement plastic panel. The Ford one will need to come out.

robopop

Reaction score
SPV: watched your video above on wire harnesses. Are those shipping yet? Also when do you anticipate availability on your first gen3 products ?

OP
OP

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
SPV: watched your video above on wire harnesses. Are those shipping yet? Also when do you anticipate availability on your first gen3 products ?

Yes. We have them all available. (Harnesses)

I just posted links to preorders for several new items on this page-

And here are the links to the rear kits.... which are shipping now...

Let me know if you have any questions-

John