New 2021 Prototype Raptor Coming with NEW Light Kit Options.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes. From my understanding, the one factory pair is SAE and will tie into the fog light switch like the other f-150’s. And the other pair will be an off-road light, like a flood, driving or spot (I’m not sure which pattern Ford chose) and will connect to switch wire 1.

I'm hoping that if you don't get the OEM rigid lights, you still have the fog light switch in the dash...essentially giving you a seventh aux switch. It seems possible, so that Ford doesn't need to make a lighting control panel (or whatever it's called) that lacks fog light control, but perhaps that easily remedied with a blank plate. It might be easier than wiring a switch that isn't used.

Even if you don't get the extra switch, it may not be difficult to get the OEM parts to build the switch yourself.

OP
OP
Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm hoping that if you don't get the OEM rigid lights, you still have the fog light switch in the dash...essentially giving you a seventh aux switch. It seems possible, so that Ford doesn't need to make a lighting control panel (or whatever it's called) that lacks fog light control, but perhaps that easily remedied with a blank plate. It might be easier than wiring a switch that isn't used.

Even if you don't get the extra switch, it may not be difficult to get the OEM parts to build the switch yourself.
That is EXACTLY my understanding. And that being said, they are now putting the same headlight/fog switch in them as the other F-150 trucks. So you will have the SAE's on the factory headlight switch and the Offroad Fog on the 1st upfitter switch....

That said, I am surprised no one brought up a couple points yet like... All this time, Ford only makes Switches 1-2 at 15amps, 3-4 at 10amps, and 5-6 only 5amps which is ALMOST useless. What we would all wish for was that they just made all 6 the full 15 amps!

However, since they may or may not address this in the new models... We do have a new harness system that will work with our plug in relay and fuse for up to 30amps of power on ANY switch! (Here is a video from The Motor Trend Network featuring the new system) And we will also have a relay/fuse BOX that will allow you to essentially UPGRADE them all to carry more amps. It will work for all GENS of the Raptor and others.

For those that want additional switches, beyond the 6 (and fog switch) we have that in our patented switch panel for the 2015-2020 F-150 and Raptor in the video below... But we are working on a new update for the 2021 and beyond models...

John

KevoUsmc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Funny you mention it because I was watching your videos yesterday on the install of the 360 kit and they mentioned the 1-2, 3-4, 5-6 amperage on the switches and now I am kind of annoyed Ford took the first switch. Doubt the OEM Rigids would need that kind of power. But that's very cool you have the new harness! Looks like it might solve a lot of the hassle of rearranging switches, i'll keep that in mind once we get our new trucks

OP
OP

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Funny you mention it because I was watching your videos yesterday on the install of the 360 kit and they mentioned the 1-2, 3-4, 5-6 amperage on the switches and now I am kind of annoyed Ford took the first switch. Doubt the OEM Rigids would need that kind of power. But that's very cool you have the new harness! Looks like it might solve a lot of the hassle of rearranging switches, i'll keep that in mind once we get our new trucks

Cool! Yeah, I doubt the fact that it's on the first switch will matter. You should be able to cut it off and move it to a different one. The new harnesses all come with SINGLE weather pack connectors on them and then the female ends you just put on all 6 switch wires... so any connection will be plug n play!

John

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cool! Yeah, I doubt the fact that it's on the first switch will matter. You should be able to cut it off and move it to a different one. The new harnesses all come with SINGLE weather pack connectors on them and then the female ends you just put on all 6 switch wires... so any connection will be plug n play!

John

To me, be able to setup a plug and play harness(es) to the switches so that I don't need to cut wires if I decide to changes things up is maybe a bigger issue than the amp rating the switches. I have a triple fog light kit setup now, but to change them up, I'm going to have to cut wires, and Ford didn't give a lot of slack to work with to begin with. In hindsight, I should have done a harness of sorts to begin with, but I knew little about it back then.

If the 2021 provides harnesses for connections rather than bare wire, I'd consider that a big plus.

OP
OP

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
To me, be able to setup a plug and play harness(es) to the switches so that I don't need to cut wires if I decide to changes things up is maybe a bigger issue than the amp rating the switches. I have a triple fog light kit setup now, but to change them up, I'm going to have to cut wires, and Ford didn't give a lot of slack to work with to begin with. In hindsight, I should have done a harness of sorts to begin with, but I knew little about it back then.

If the 2021 provides harnesses for connections rather than bare wire, I'd consider that a big plus.

That is EXACTLY what this patent pending harness system does. It includes the connectors and you put them on your switch wires ONE TIME. From then on, you can unplug them, move them, split them with plug n play splitters, add more harnesses, combine them, etc. We call it our Lego harness system, because literally, without cutting any wires, you can build and create any wiring situation you can imagine!

This video is MORE detailed in ALL the main situations you might incur. Of course, its a buildable system... so we can continue to add components as we go. It is so unique in fact, it doesn't matter if you have a Raptor, a Jeep of a Tundra... there is a harness for every situation. If you change lights, you don't need to change harnesses either. Even with other brands. You just plug in a different connector adapter. It is a LIFETIME solution.. no matter how many times you change things...

OP
OP

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Here is a pic of the dash in a 21. I would assume they will use the same switch, but if not, it shouldn't be hard to just order a switch. Odds are, for cost, the harnesses are the same so the plugs will already be there. It costs less to manufacture them all the same.

2021-Ford-F-150-Raptor-40.jpg