New 2020 Black Screw - rain spots

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Daddy MC

Reaction score
I just bought the truck a week and a half ago. Washed it Saturday and I’ll be dammed if it didn’t rain on me Sunday with no rain in forecast. It’s a bear to wash. I clearly need to invest n some better products and equipment. A pole with a miitt is certainly needed. I’m open to pressure washer, cannon, etc but these spots are gonna Drive me crazy. My last ride was an S6 and went through the local car wash weekly. This one is going to be hand washed. What products do you recommend and process for a black truck that I want to look great. I’m fine spending the money to s8mplify the process if possible. Thanks in advance. BDMC

Wojciech Gierczynski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought the truck a week and a half ago. Washed it Saturday and I’ll be dammed if it didn’t rain on me Sunday with no rain in forecast. It’s a bear to wash. I clearly need to invest n some better products and equipment. A pole with a miitt is certainly needed. I’m open to pressure washer, cannon, etc but these spots are gonna Drive me crazy. My last ride was an S6 and went through the local car wash weekly. This one is going to be hand washed. What products do you recommend and process for a black truck that I want to look great. I’m fine spending the money to s8mplify the process if possible. Thanks in advance. BDMC
Comet Electric Pressure Washer with MTM Gun and MTM Foam Cannon works great. Around $800 for pro setup like you see it here. Black truck I would highly recommend Ceramic Coating and avoid Car Washes at any cost. Hand wash with 2 bucket method posibbly dry with Leaf Blower ... less touching the prettier will look. Take a look at CarPro Products. CarPro Reload is Silica SIO2 infused ceramic coat topper which you can use as stand alone after wash detailer (last up to 3 months spray and wipe off). Beats off water like crazy. CarPro is known as top end car detail product maker. They also make Water Spots Remover. Use as instructed.

20200417_122014.jpg

Last edited:

Flatom

Reaction score
Get spotless di setup or a reverse osmosis filter and tank paired with a electric pressure washer . Coat with a ceramic coating. Then easy weekly rinse with no spots.

Traffic22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Comet Electric Pressure Washer with MTM Gun and MTM Foam Cannon works great. Around $800 for pro setup like you see it here. Black truck I would highly recommend Ceramic Coating and avoid Car Washes at any cost. Hand wash with 2 bucket method posibbly dry with Leaf Blower ... less touching the prettier will look. Take a look at CarPro Products. CarPro Reload is Silica SIO2 infused ceramic coat topper which you can use as stand alone after wash detailer (last up to 3 months spray and wipe off). Beats off water like crazy. CarPro is known as top end car detail product maker. They also make Water Spots Remover. Use as instructed.

View attachment 143931
I agree. The Car pro stuff is good. My 18 (blue) is headed in for ceramic coating Wednesday. The kid who is doing it has a dark gray (almost black) Gti that spends 9 months a year in the brutal AZ sun and the coating is still holding up a year in. Water rolls right off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wojciech Gierczynski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree. The Car pro stuff is good. My 18 (blue) is headed in for ceramic coating Wednesday. The kid who is doing it has a dark gray (almost black) Gti that spends 9 months a year in the brutal AZ sun and the coating is still holding up a year in. Water rolls right off.
First pic is my 2017 Roush Supercharged F150 after 3 years of standing outside thru Chicago season. It had Opti Pro+ (7 year coating). Second pic my 2019 Roush Raptor which got Gtechinq Liquid Serum Ultra (9 year coating). There is definitely a difference in life of the product between do it yourself ceramic coatings and pro level ones (5+ years and up)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

20180909_101509.jpg

20200320_121036.jpg

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Go to obsessedgarage.com. They have many pressure washers, full setups, etc, everything you need. Every product he sells he uses himself and has done a YouTube video on.

for water spots, I can recommend a product called 3D Eraser gel. It works, plain and simple. However, you must wash it off within 30 seconds of rubbing it on. Water spots will be gone. Have a hose or pressure washer right next to you to wash off.

I have a Kranzle pressure washer. Pricey but of the highest quality.

OP
OP
B

Big Daddy MC

Reaction score
Thank you all for the replies. I really appreciate them. I’m most interested in a product that prevents or limits them more than getting rid of them. I’ll check out everything mentioned here.

Steebo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I own a 2018 black screw and I cant keep it clean for more than 3 days.... I have a brushless automated car wash that my raptor fits that I go through for convenience. I do not recommend any brush wash and most of them will leave scratches. I leave detailing to the pros but i occasionally power wash at home with microfiber clothes for a deeper clean