New 2019 owner and questions on bumpy ride quaility

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ve been running my air pressure higher around 43 to try to get a more car like ride because I feel the truck is too squishy feeling compared to mine thousand 15 F150 limited off-road edition.My question is should I change to the NATO grapplers are they that much better feeling than the bridge tones? Or do I really need to go to a 20 wheel and tire to get a more street like F150 ride.
because my 2015 F150 had 20s and it drove much nicer in the road ,like a Ford expedition.
and if so what’s the opinions out there on how that look on this truck.
And the main question about switching tire sizes is :
Is it the 18 tire size or tire brand that are really what’s making the truck feel squishy or is it expensive suspension that I paid for to go off road which most of us don’t do much.
Love the look and features just want it more street-able.

Sounds like you should have bought a King Ranch and not a Raptor.

Hawaiian Time

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there any adjustment in the Live Shocks' stiffness via the different Drive Modes? Like for steering there is Comfort mode.

Caveguru

Reaction score
I do think Car&Driver and the other magazine writers exaggerate, and regarding the Raptor you have to read between the lines when they say it, "rides really smooth ...for a truck". I do think the live valve settings may be intruding into the handling during turning at very low speeds. The suspension will sometimes "lock up" during tight turns in parking areas and "pogo" a bit if the throttle is applied while the wheel is still cranked over.

Hawaiian Time

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks like the 2019 rear Live Shocks are mounted inside the frame rail vs 2017 - 18 rear dual Fox Shocks are mounted outside the frame rail. I wonder if that change in shock geometry negatively affected the 2019 Raptor's ride quality?

Too bad Live Shocks cannot be deleted on the 2019 Raptors. I would not want them. Sounds like they are best suited for 80 mph jumping only. Plus they are overly complex and extremely expensive to replace.

Aloha, HT

Caveguru

Reaction score
I would add that while tuners have already accessed the engine management quite effectively, and FORSCAN can change code settings in the various modules, I have not found anyone that is remapping the transmission or suspension modules yet. I would love to see tuner access to these modules and have asked Cobb if they would look into it as part of their Accessport product. Although they don't have much experience in modding suspension systems, they do support tuning the transmission control module on the Nissan GTR and maybe on some Porsches. Maybe if we all call them and convince them they have a market...

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The suspension on the 2019 is adjustable. Normal mode is very compliant, sport mode significantly tightens things up.