New 2019 owner and questions on bumpy ride quaility

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

special K

Reaction score
Hi all, just picked up my 2019 Raptor Sunday and been driving and noticed that every bump I hit in the road I feel it in the seat. If feels very bouncy and not smooth. Seems like and little dip I hit in the street goes right to the driver seat. My tires are currently at 39/40, but yesterday with the heat in so cal they got to 42. I know the door says 38, but before I make any adjustments will the few psi pounds help smooth everything out, or will dropping below 38 put on a low air in tire notification on the dash cluster? I don't plan on doing and towing and if I ever off road it will only be a few times a year. Does adding weight to the bed of the truck help any sort? Right now I am running the Normal mode and also comfort steering, is there any other feature to adjust to smooth out the ride, is there a certain PSI I should run it at. I just ordered a forscan plug and plan on making a few popular changes, fake engine noise removal, double honk with key, folding mirrors this week. Thank guys, been a Chevy Silverado driver for 16 years and its taking some time to get comfortable with the Raptor.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I run about 36 up front and around 32 in the rear, cold....They pick up a couple of pounds on the highway so no worries there...but I also have a chase rack in the bed with an extra spare, floor jack and CO2 tank...Drop your pressures and see the difference

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I run 34 in the front and 32 in the back, cold. If the low pressure light does come on, it seems to learn that the pressure is OK. When I go off road I go down to around 14 and when I blow them back up quite often the low pressure light stays on, even though the pressure is OK. The next day it is fine.

And yes, it will make a HUGE difference in the ride.

RAG13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have experienced this same issue on my '19. My tire pressure form the dealer was set at 46 on each wheel. Every time I hit a bump I would feel a jolt and the truck would try to "jump" into the next lane. I lowered my tire pressure a couple of times and it did get better. I am currently running around 36 up front and 34 in the rear. With the heat in New York lately the tire pressure does increase 2-3 lbs per tire. Bottom line is these trucks are not amazing on pavement, so dont expect too much. Good luck.

Hawaiian Time

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did Ford tighten up the suspension on the 2019's? My 2017 rides smooth as silk on all types of surface streets, Freeways even concrete washboard and dirt roads - all great! Rides better than any of our other vehicles including Toyota Highlander AWD Platinum.

Aloha, HT

RAG13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did Ford tighten up the suspension on the 2019's? My 2017 rides smooth as silk on all types of surface streets, Freeways even concrete washboard and dirt roads - all great! Rides better than any of our other vehicles including Toyota Highlander AWD Platinum.

Aloha, HT
This is most likely because you live in Paradise! :favorites13:

lateralis

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Aloha, HT

The '19s come with the new Fox Live Valve shocks that are stiffer than the previous ones. They have this solenoid on them that adjusts the oil flow rate in the shock giving a variable dampening depending on the conditions. I personally like them, but I know some people don't like that added stiffness on the street.