New 2013 roush raptor stalls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shad0w

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any new developments? Watching this thread

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

This has happened to mine twice, on slowing down.

FvilleRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if there is any update with this issue. My new Roush Raptor with 450 miles on it just did this for the first time today. It was when I was slowing down.

SnakeBit

Reaction score
Why have you had a bad experience with them personally?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

no, but since this is a good friend of mine who I see and talk to several times per week tells me he is getting nowhere with them...good enough for me to make that observation.

my friend's issue still remains and nothing being done. recorder for events of stalling have not shown anything. the lack of concern by Roush is very disappointing to him.

I have driven the car and it seems to me that the issue could very well be in the dashpot settings. It did not stall for me, but came very close. it appears that even on a slow stop, the rpms drop too low prior to the computer catching up and correcting it, thus at times (which in his case seems to be exacerbated by right turns) it will stall. I tried to get it to do it doing slow speed panic stops and it almost did it then also...what was interesting is one time, it turned off the cool seat function which tells me it came so close to stalling it cut the a/c off momentarily. That is where I would start is with the dashpot settings. He is looking into that.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You have to understand that when lift your foot off the gas pedal completely the fuel supply is turned off momentarily, this is true for stock or supercharged.
This is one of the fuel saving features built into the PCM.

I bet you that when it stalled the few times there was a temperature change or humidity jump
and the PCM was in the beginning of a fuel trim cycle (every 50 miles) and the PCM just had not adapted yet to the conditions.

This did happen once or twice to me two years ago with the first Tune Whipple had but I was running the 63lbs. injectors which are harder to control.

Now you are saying that you can almost get the stall at any time.
I'd say Roush needs to fine tune their Tune.

Let me ask you, what are the short fuel trims readings doing? Are both banks pretty even? Are they jumping around a lot at idle?
If that's the case then you have a small air leak somewhere.

Last edited:

305Raptor

Reaction score
Similar issues on a 2011 Raptor SCrew.
Engine stall (randomly) and low engine pressure warning would pop up.
5 days at the dealer with no results. No code on computer.
Turned out to be fuse #27 .... it was not blown but it was melted to shreds.
Changed the fuse to a, same size, mini fuse instead of that tiny fuse which has very small contacts and was causing a fault.

SnakeBit

Reaction score
Similar issues on a 2011 Raptor SCrew.
Engine stall (randomly) and low engine pressure warning would pop up.
5 days at the dealer with no results. No code on computer.
Turned out to be fuse #27 .... it was not blown but it was melted to shreds.
Changed the fuse to a, same size, mini fuse instead of that tiny fuse which has very small contacts and was causing a fault.

what does that fuse control...I ask as it may be a different number fuse for the Raptor. thanx for posting this.