New 2013 roush raptor stalls

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Problems and Questions Forum' started by Yorker2005, Jun 11, 2013.

1. WHYUMAD

WHYUMAD Full Access Member

my procharged Raptor does this sometimes. It's usually because the truck downshifts & it stalls due to too low of rpms. It's all in the tune. The truck has a safeguard setup & if rpms are below 500 l, it'll read low oil pressure & stall.

2. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Full Access Member

Interesting post. I know have 250 miles on my R.R. No problems yet. Please let us
    know if the problem comes back/and any solutions.

3. jpboats

jpboats Member

I have 6600 miles on mine and have had no issues, also had a 2012 with 7600 miles on it and no probs keep us posted

4. RoushRaptor661

RoushRaptor661 Full Access Member

Talked to dealer today and said coolant is leaking between the SC and the engine. Have to wait on someone from Roush to come look at it i guess.

5. Cleave

Cleave FRF Addict

whoa, that sucks man, is it leaking into the intake or at the sealing points of it?

6. RoushRaptor661

RoushRaptor661 Full Access Member

They won't say until a "special tech" takes a look at it.

7. Roush Rap

Roush Rap Member

I got my 2013 roush last week. I had the same thing happen to me shut off said low oil presure. I fired it back up and its been fine. lets see what happens.

8. ra4418

ra4418 Member

i have had the same problem - have a 2013 Roush Raptor - has 1,600 miles on it, has stalled on me 3 times - last time almost put me into a tree. The first two times, i had the same LOW OIL PRESSURE light come on, the third (and most recent time), there was no light.

Just took into Roush certified dealer, they said there were no codes stored on the computer so nothing they could do about it.

9. NiK_0

NiK_0 Member

Prob has something to do with k&n air intake that comes with the roush kit... the maf is not giving correct values to the ecu due to turbulence in the intake...
    Mine stalls regularly at low RPM... very annoying. You put on the gas pedal to cross a ditch, it revs and then stalls right over a ditch... so annoying...

10. JimT

JimT Full Access Member

This is interesting that all these Roush Raptors are having the identical problem. It could be a glitch in the "tune". I'm sure FOrd and Rouch will put their heads together and figure this out. seems like a new model shakedown. lol