New 2013 roush raptor stalls

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Problems and Questions Forum' started by Yorker2005, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Yorker2005

Yorker2005 Member

Just picked up my new 2013 Roush Raptor last week (June 3rd) and not even 400 miles later, last Saturday, she stalls twice within 50 miles / 30 minutes of each other. Here's was happened... Warmed the car up 5 minutes..... drove her slow to pick up a friend who lives on top of a mountain. had to slow down to make a turn up a hill... half way thru, she stalls, I lose power steering, almost hit someone's house, slam on the brakes, restart the truck in park. On screen says check oil pressure. Then I pick up my friend, and 25 minutes later she stalls on a flat straight away cruising at about 40-45mph. Again says Check / Low oil pressure. Got her home, took her out again 10 minutes later to record the issue and collect as much info as I can and doesn't stall. Drove a whole hour....nothing. Next day took her out again, no stall. Took the truck back to the Roush dealer Monday, an hour away, no stall. Left the truck there all day, got a call today (Tuesday) and reported no problem. My guess is something electronically, maybe an oil pressure sensor for all I know causing the engine to cut for engine safety. Has this happened to anybody else? I do notice that the truck idles at about 500- 600rpms.(I assume because of negative boost from the supercharger) ANY INSIGHT WILL BE GRATEFULLY APPRECIATED!! Thanks

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  2. Icecobra

Icecobra FRF Addict

Welcome, don't have a Roush to help you, but if you want to let me drive it awhile to narrow it down for you I can try to force myself.... lol....

3. Cleave

Cleave FRF Addict

Lol, you gonna fly out to NY to diagnose it ice?

4. mouldman1

mouldman1 FRF Addict

your first senario happend to me once, but never again. i would drive it a bit more and see if it happens again. looks like its a gremlin thats worked its way out.

5. KaiserM715

KaiserM715 Kaiser Söze Staff Member

Moved to Problems and Questions forum.

6. Rookie

Rookie Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

You checked your oil level right? If you ever see the low oil pressure light come on the engine should be shut off and oil checked. There have been a couple members describing a similar situation while going up a steep incline. Haven't heard of a solution yet.

Wilson likes this.
  7. treypal

treypal Lord of the Raptors Supporting Member

Definitely check your oil, mine did something similar, it was a quart low. Especially if you were on an incline, it could have simulated lower than normal oil level.

Wilson likes this.
  8. roushraptor13

roushraptor13 Member

I have over 6000 miles on mine and have not had any of those problems.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

9. RoushRaptor661

RoushRaptor661 Full Access Member

I have 4000 miles on my Roush and I took mine back into the dealership today. Two days ago driving on the freeway the temp gauge went straight to HOTTT. So now mine is overheating. Once it goes up the fan stays on. The Coolant was a tad low. I topped it off and still overheating. Ford cant find whats wrong. They say the engine it self is not getting hot. They said they have to make some phone calls...... Chity.

10. roushraptor13

roushraptor13 Member

What does Roush say about it?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2