New 2013 6.2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrud1998

Reaction score
I had a 2011 6.2 Raptor that was caught in the Sandy Storm.
They towed her away. Insurance company paid for vehicle.
I went to Ford and ordered the same truck and color for 2013.
Truck came in today. Looking at the engine, it looks like they upgraded to black valve covers which look nice. Also it looks like the new engine has single plug heads vs. dual. Is this possible. What are your thoughts?
Thanks for all
Mike

OP
OP
M

mrud1998

Reaction score
2013 and 2011 is Silver; Really nice!
I guess the wires split down at the plugs for 2 plugs per cyl
Valve cover on 2011 was cast alum. in looks. The 2013 is black

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That worked out to your advantage. Lol. I think I may have seen your 11 on erepairables. Too much work with a flood though

OP
OP
M

mrud1998

Reaction score
I live in Massapequa. My truck was in the driveway during the storm. Water went over the headlights. Horn went off as well as headlights. Was told that this is normal as the computer senses water in case the vehicle goes into a lake or something. Anyway, I ordered the exact same truck from Hempstead ford minus the sunroof and added the beadlock wheels which I have the maguard wheel locks from the 2011 to install. I didn't want the moonroof as if I forget to close it which I do, I know have major water in the truck should it rain. I don't know why ford did not add a (moonroof or window open) message in the center message screen. Other than that, I pick up the pick up on the 5th or 6th when I can leave my business to go and spend the day with the dealer. I really appreciate all of you on this forum!