New 2011 in central Oregon. Check out mod plans.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

heybear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Prices on Gen I finally hit a point where I don’t mind tearing one up.

Just picked up a 2011. Been a Jeep guy forever, so I am very comfortable with fairly serious fabrication.

Its going to get a little swankier, but not ruin its basic street manners. This is seriously challenging as there seems to be a shortage of everything.

love the truck. So capable. And stupid fast on all the fire roads around here.

the previous owner babied it. Full stack of maintenance records. And never beat down. Like never a scratch. he would have a heart attack if he saw his former rig.

First up and installed was a new radio to replace the stock Sync junk. Thanks crutchfield.
hey Ford: FU. The integrated climate controls suck. Just real manual controls in the future k fine?

next ordered and waiting RPG front and rear frame cut bumpers. kinda stoked about that as these bumpers look great.

very frustrated with the difficulty in getting 37s under these things. May end up doing fender liners. But still learning about all the options.

the 6.2 feels a little poochie. We‘ll see if a tune helps a bit.

anyway, great forum. Lots of good info.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the place. Congrats on your gen 1, now post a pic or its a Prius, lol.
There' no issue with fitting 37's on a gen 1, put the shocks to mid perch and hammer those pinch welds in the front. Lots of info on the forum for ya.
AGAIN : POST A PIC :grd:

OP
OP
heybear

heybear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the place. Congrats on your gen 1, now post a pic or its a Prius, lol.
AGAIN : POST A PIC :grd:
Very stock today. Complete with Oregon trees. Will update as we go. Thanks.

Jeep pic from you?

I’m still struggling with how mid-perch helps anything as compression travel should be the same Yes No?

FFA65476-5BE2-48B6-B217-89C29292E196.jpeg

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Very stock today. Complete with Oregon trees. Will update as we go. Thanks.

Jeep pic from you?

I’m still struggling with how mid-perch helps anything as compression travel should be the same Yes No?

View attachment 312468
Here’s my Jeep parked next to my Raptor that’s covered up because we’ve been in an ongoing heatwave here for a couple weeks and ongoing. Driving the jeep daily right now, beachlife!!

Attachments

• 814670AC-F38D-487B-8101-FA2C2AAEE9CA.jpeg
    814670AC-F38D-487B-8101-FA2C2AAEE9CA.jpeg
    213.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 0B5BFC03-5B1E-47F4-BA99-C6A259FAD5F8.jpeg
    0B5BFC03-5B1E-47F4-BA99-C6A259FAD5F8.jpeg
    215.5 KB · Views: 8

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mid perch gives you a little more room for tires, level's the truck out and a firmer ride, does not affect the Shock travel. If you look at my current AVATAR picture as of today, that is when I had my Raptor on Top Perch, more of a prerunner look and I personally found that better for jumping dunes and such in Oregon and Cali. I'm back on mid perch now though and run Deaver +3's in the rear.

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yes mid perch will reduce travel as there is now less actual distance the spring has to comrpess. yes the ride will be stiffer. but no you really wont notice a difference in ride cuase aird down 37s will absorb a bit of road shock anyway. mid perch and pinch welds are a way to bet by for those light offroaders. if you are goin got be jumping your truck or hitting whoops at 80mph then you def are not going to make do with just mid perch and pinch welds. but again those work for 80% of people.

welcome to the forum, nice truck, please make the search feature your friend. lots of info on here.

Jake226

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Great looking Gen1, have fun with it!