New 19 Owner from Houston

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

TravisHTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stay safe, there are healthy males 20 to 45 that have been taken down.
And people with high risk and are pulling through, so it's a crap shoot.

I hope you stay safe as well. I have been doing my part in respecting the health of others by staying home where possible, keeping distance, and washing hands. I do think most people are going to get the virus, it’s just playing the game to make sure the people who need healthcare can get it.

Even though my 100 year old grandmother was negative, this virus has in part claimed her life too (she was already pretty weak). With the assisted living places forcing the tenants to stay in their rooms as much as possible, as soon as an elderly person stops moving, they fall apart pretty quickly. Only took 2 weeks of her being stuck in her room to do her in. Staying isolated unfortunately isn’t the perfect answer.

Last edited:

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hope you stay safe as well. I have been doing my part in respecting the health of others by staying home where possible, keeping distance, and washing hands. I do think most people are going to get the virus, it’s just playing the game to make sure the people who need healthcare can get it.

Even though my 100 year old grandmother was negative, this virus has in part claimed her life too (she was already pretty weak). With the assisted living places forcing the tenants to stay in their rooms as much as possible, as soon as an elderly person stops moving, they fall apart pretty quickly. Only took 2 weeks of her being stuck in her room to do her in. Staying isolated unfortunately isn’t the perfect answer.

I concur. This is a problem beyond, what we had planned or could have dealt with, without many problems.

Looks like Miami down this way is going to peak by the beginning of May. We definitely, have to do our part and stay safe and protect.

Plenty of time to figure out mods and accessories for that truck. Probably doesn’t help if you can’t drive it much lol. In good time however.

OP
OP
T

TravisHTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I concur. This is a problem beyond, what we had planned or could have dealt with, without many problems.

Looks like Miami down this way is going to peak by the beginning of May. We definitely, have to do our part and stay safe and protect.

Plenty of time to figure out mods and accessories for that truck. Probably doesn’t help if you can’t drive it much lol. In good time however.

Haha yea, you should see the browser history on my phone and laptop, pretty much all entries are FRF and car part sites, with an occasional **** site... don’t judge me. ;)

My wife keeps saying, “well, if you buy stuff for your truck, I’m buying jewelry...”. Sounds like I got approval to me!

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome. There's atleast 2 of us in nearby League City. On FRF that is. As you know, there's a heck of a lot more Raptors in the area.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh nice, I’m pretty much on the exact opposite side of Houston, Clear Lake. I might have to ask you if there are any fun places to go if I plan on being out that direction.

I want to go down to Matagorda soon, I think I saw that’s a no go right now though. All this shut down stuff is getting pretty old!

Haha! I see what you did there. I might not as responsive as some, but I’ll get to it eventually.

Ok, now you need to ease into this thing. I was kind of teasing but now see that you are into modding, planning off-road treks and even some politics.........and all in 10 posts! Talk about throwing yourself into the deep end. You are hereby baptized!

OP
OP
T

TravisHTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome. There's atleast 2 of us in nearby League City. On FRF that is. As you know, there's a heck of a lot more Raptors in the area.

Yea, ton of Raptors in the Houston area, just didn't know how many on the forum are from Houston. Pretty cool. Yall gotta clue me in on some near by spots "test" capability, even if its just a single little mud puddle. I bought a pressure washer in preparation getting it dirty, only thing I have used it for so far is for blasting off the oak tree pollen so far, what a waste!

Ok, now you need to ease into this thing. I was kind of teasing but now see that you are into modding, planning off-road treks and even some politics.........and all in 10 posts! Talk about throwing yourself into the deep end. You are hereby baptized!

Pfft, taking things slow is boring. I never claimed I was smart enough to act in my own best interest. Out of curiosity, anyone know what the record for fewest number of posts to hit all important FRF topics? I kinda feel like I should get a medal or something.

OP
OP
T

TravisHTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally had a chance to get the truck dirty this last weekend. Not as good as some of you guys, but I got enough mud/sand out from under the truck to make my own island.

Did a little high speed running, I am thoroughly impressed at how well the suspension behaves. It was a lot of fun!

upload_2020-4-28_8-7-0.jpeg

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Finally had a chance to get the truck dirty this last weekend. Not as good as some of you guys, but I got enough mud/sand out from under the truck to make my own island.

Did a little high speed running, I am thoroughly impressed at how well the suspension behaves. It was a lot of fun!

What beach is that?

OP
OP
T

TravisHTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would also like to make a shout out to Nick@apollo-optics.

He got me good pricing on a fog light kit, reverse lights, built-right panels, and an ARB twin compressor. All arrived really fast, and perfect condition! He also helped me figure out everything I needed for where I wanted to mount the compressor.

Good guy to do business with, and will purchase from him again in the future!