New 19 Owner from Houston

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Haha yea! There are a lot of people here than have invested a TON in their trucks, looks like a lot of fun. This is my DD, so I don’t want to go too crazy with it, I will have to live vicariously through y’all for now at least!

Good thing about the Raptor, even stock its a great vehicle with a lot to offer as you probably know. A couple of accessories and it’s even better. They make a great DD!

OP
OP
T

TravisHTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good thing about the Raptor, even stock its a great vehicle with a lot to offer as you probably know. A couple of accessories and it’s even better. They make a great DD!

That’s the truth, I have had some decent fun with it as a DD. With the streets in Houston, almost need a Raptor, it takes all the big pot holes and whoops at crappy intersections MUCH better than my Lariat I had. My wife can’t wait till I get bored of “spirited” driving down those streets. I think it’s gonna be a while.

OP
OP
T

TravisHTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome Texan from Floresville Texas. I had Hennessy do my Velociraptor package in Sealy TX. Runs great a little pricy but I like it!

Nice! The work Hennessey might be a little pricey, but you have a warranty to go with it! They always have some fun toys out when I drive by there when I go to Austin.

I need to hurry up and do the Cobb Stage 2 so I can get an idea of the grin you probably get when you mash that pedal down.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, neighbor! Lifelong Houstonian here and we’d be glad to help get you setup with some of those upgrades as well!

Also, be sure to reach out to the Houston Area Raptor Owners on Facebook to checkout some local guys and come out to some of the upcoming events!

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice! The work Hennessey might be a little pricey, but you have a warranty to go with it! They always have some fun toys out when I drive by there when I go to Austin.

I need to hurry up and do the Cobb Stage 2 so I can get an idea of the grin you probably get when you mash that pedal down.

Do some research on that Hennescrewyou crap, they don't honor warranty or build anything good.
I believe every Raptor they touch has been a nightmare to the owner.
Check the BBB on them and lawsuits and customer complaints.

OP
OP
T

TravisHTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, neighbor! Lifelong Houstonian here and we’d be glad to help get you setup with some of those upgrades as well!

Also, be sure to reach out to the Houston Area Raptor Owners on Facebook to checkout some local guys and come out to some of the upcoming events!

Thanks for the tip, I will have to check that Facebook page out. When it comes time to purchase stuff for the truck I will certainly try to support local first!

Do some research on that Hennescrewyou crap, they don't honor warranty or build anything good.
I believe every Raptor they touch has been a nightmare to the owner.
Check the BBB on them and lawsuits and customer complaints.

I hope your doing ok up there in NYC, the news make it sound like the zombie apocalypse is in full swing up there.

Rest assured that I will not be going the Hennessey route, that's for sure more than I would care to spend on the truck. Might not be for you, but for people like Roc Nichols, it probably is a great option for a turn key modded truck!

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, I will have to check that Facebook page out. When it comes time to purchase stuff for the truck I will certainly try to support local first!

I hope your doing ok up there in NYC, the news make it sound like the zombie apocalypse is in full swing up there.

Rest assured that I will not be going the Hennessey route, that's for sure more than I would care to spend on the truck. Might not be for you, but for people like Roc Nichols, it probably is a great option for a turn key modded truck!

I tell you, people are freaking dumb.
There are still so many that don't keep distance or wear masks. I don't get it.
NYC will peak first in about two weeks but rest assured it will hit state by state the same way.

As for Hessescrewup, it's certainly not turn key when the shit doesn't work.
There is not one thread or post on this forum that hasn't had an issue with them.
And serious stuff like blown engines, burning completely down to the ground, you name it.

OP
OP
T

TravisHTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tell you, people are freaking dumb.
There are still so many that don't keep distance or wear masks. I don't get it.
NYC will peak first in about two weeks but rest assured it will hit state by state the same way.

As for Hessescrewup, it's certainly not turn key when the shit doesn't work.
There is not one thread or post on this forum that hasn't had an issue with them.
And serious stuff like blown engines, burning completely down to the ground, you name it.

Yea, I think the expectation is Houston will peak by the end of the month. I am definitely in the group of people that would just like to rip the band aide off and get this thing over with, and get things back to normal sooner. Easy for me to say though, I am low risk, and already going stir crazy.

I hear ya, those are some serious problems. I hope Roc and others have not had as difficult a time with their trucks as that!

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Stay safe, there are healthy males 20 to 45 that have been taken down.
And people with high risk and are pulling through, so it's a crap shoot.