Neutral - qcfx2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOS1600

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I didn't get a chance to come back an update the other thread, my apologies.

I hate to have to put this out there, however i'd feel bad if someone else had to deal with this as well...

I received a message from Qcfx2 (Max) in response to a WTB post I made about looking for a front bumper. He said that he had one off a 2014 that he wanted to sell for $250.00 "and will do it as soon as we arrange payment." This was the initial contact, and was done on 10/25/16.

I responded with another offer, to which he replied that he would also send me a 20" light bar along with the bumper, for the $250.00 he asked, with them being shipped to my local Greyhound station. This was on 10/26/16. The wording of his message was a little confusing to me, so I asked him to clarify what he wanted to sell, for what price. Max responded that same night (10/26) "$250 shipped for bumper and a 20" LED" and that he would send me pictures at my request. After texting me a couple pictures, I agreed to purchase, and asked where to send the money. Max provided his PayPal address at 9:14 pm, and at 9:18 pm i confirmed he'd received the money I sent.

The next day (10/27) I contacted Max again to clarify the shipping process through Greyhound, at which point he tells me "I have a new bumper coming in, once it's here i'll drop off your to greyhound." This was the first I heard about him not shipping what I sent him money for, so I asked when that would be. Max told me that it would be "early next week." I told him that was not going to work for me, and asked that he please refund the money I sent him instead. Max replied "no" to this, saying that he would now take the bumper off his truck, and take it to Greyhound Saturday morning (2 days away). Though not entirely happy about this, I decided to compromise with him and agreed to wait until Saturday morning.

Saturday afternoon (10/29). After not hearing anything from Max, I contacted him in the afternoon to make sure the parts were shipped out as he said. He eventually responded saying "not yet" and that he was "out and about" and would text me when it goes out. I again asked him at this point to please refund the money I sent, as I could see where this was going. Max replied to "be patient" and went on to say that "things got a little hectic" etc etc and that I could file a claim against him in PayPal. After several hours, I again contacted Max to ask if the parts were shipped out today at some point, since I had still not received a refund from him. Max would not respond to me, so after several hours of not hearing anything, I filed a PayPal claim for 'unauthorized transaction.' I've never had to do anything like that before, and apparently that's not the correct claim... so PayPal contacted me to update the claim to a 'good not received', which was done at that time.

Sunday (10/30) Max updates me that he "bought shipping material" yesterday, and has still not sent out the parts due to having to run errands for his wife. I asked him again (4th time) to please refund the money to me, since he was clearly delaying and not shipping what was paid for. Max responded that "we have a deal" and that he will "ship all this out."

Monday (10/31) no update, so I ask Max for one. He tells me that he will take it back to them (Greyhound) after work, but that they have the order in the system. Seems odd, but ok, at least i'm getting closer to having something for the money I sent. Later on Monday night, he tells me that it's been dropped off...

Today (11/3) I finally get to go over and pick up the shipment that has come in... however when I get the package... It's only a taped up bumper, no lights, no covers, etc. I immediately ask Max where the rest of the parts are that I paid for, to which he replies "in my truck, they wouldn't allow me to attach them... I'll end them out, but wanted to make sure you got the bumper." Ok, anyone with a 4th grade education can see how stupid of an answer that is, and that he's clambering to make something up to justify this nonsense. I ask him to ship the lights out as they were paid for, and I get a "Lol sure buddy."

This guy has been an absolute nightmare to deal with, and i've had to get on him several times as he tries to pull his bulls*#&.... Anyone that even entertains something with him is in for a real treat and constant headache. Now that I post this, I see that he's had plenty of other issues with people on here, regarding different things. Mods, this would be a good guy to get rid of like you did the company he was repping, he's giving your community a bad name.

Take care guys, hopefully this will at least help someone that is thinking of dealing with this idiot.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Honestly, you're the one that seems like a nightmare. It hasn't even been 2 weeks since the initial contact and you have your bumper. He said he's sending the lights out. He's obviously driving around without a bumper to make you happy. Relax, people have lives. He's not a vendor thats setup for shipping out products. If you wanted a no hassle deal, go to your local Ford dealer next time.

D

Deleted member 12951

Pic of what you got? Missing covers on what?

Personally if someone wanted their money back because of my delays, would do it and move on so not sure what is going on there. Of course there is always two sides to every story.

OP
OP
BOS1600

BOS1600

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly, you're the one that seems like a nightmare. It hasn't even been 2 weeks since the initial contact and you have your bumper. He said he's sending the lights out. He's obviously driving around without a bumper to make you happy. Relax, people have lives. He's not a vendor thats setup for shipping out products. If you wanted a no hassle deal, go to your local Ford dealer next time.

I'd tend to agree with you... if the initial offer wasn't "i can ship it out as soon as payment is arranged."

I make purchases based on what the other person is telling me, if someone offers something for a particular price, and shipped as soon as payment is made... should I really expect a guilt trip over price and a constant delay in shipping?

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

Pic of what you got? Missing covers on what?

Personally if someone wanted their money back because of my delays, would do it and move on so not sure what is going on there. Of course there is always two sides to every story.

Yeah I completely agree with you, which is why I just asked for the money back multiple times, so we could be done with it, with no one being out anything.

I can show you a pic when I get home tonight, but it's just a standard front bumper, nothing special.

The covers were amber and black for the light bar that he hasn't sent, not covers for the bumper.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
PayPal will usually side with the buyer. If you filed a claim, they will hold the funds until the claim is settled. If he removed the funds from his account, it'll place a negative balance on his account. I'm sure there is another member who can speak to getting shorted the full amount for one missing piece.

D

Deleted member 12951

Yeah I completely agree with you, which is why I just asked for the money back multiple times, so we could be done with it, with no one being out anything.

I can show you a pic when I get home tonight, but it's just a standard front bumper, nothing special.

The covers were amber and black for the light bar that he hasn't sent, not covers for the bumper.

Okay let me get this right, so you got a perfectly good bumper for $250 but your tried to get a better price and he threw in a 20" bar to make you happy? You got a decent deal considering it was SHIPPED, give me a break. You've been looking for a bumper for quite some time, why wasn't another few weeks for it all going to matter anyways.

And trust me, forget about the 20" Olympus light bar, mount up a 20" 2x4 in there instead, it will last longer and you will be happier.

OP
OP
BOS1600

BOS1600

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay let me get this right, so you got a perfectly good bumper for $250 but your tried to get a better price and he threw in a 20" bar to make you happy? You got a decent deal considering it was SHIPPED, give me a break. You've been looking for a bumper for quite some time, why wasn't another few weeks for it all going to matter anyways.

And trust me, forget about the 20" Olympus light bar, mount up a 20" 2x4 in there instead, it will last longer and you will be happier.

I'm not balking about the price of anything... I like to go off or what someone says their going to do, that's all. The time frame only became an issue because I saw the scam unfolding, and I wasn't letting that run wild, that's all man. I'm only putting this out to let someone else know about the way he operates, and that they will probably be in for some arguing about what time frame he gives. This wouldn't have EVER become an issue if he had not came to me with the offer of "I'll ship as soon as you pay" and then mention a day later "just kidding, thanks for the money, I'll ship it when I get my replacement stuff in line."

Side note for the light bar, I didn't realize it was an Olympus pos until after I agreed to a deal. I agree with you on putting something better in.

D

Deleted member 12951

I'm not balking about the price of anything... I like to go off or what someone says their going to do, that's all. The time frame only became an issue because I saw the scam unfolding, and I wasn't letting that run wild, that's all man. I'm only putting this out to let someone else know about the way he operates, and that they will probably be in for some arguing about what time frame he gives. This wouldn't have EVER become an issue if he had not came to me with the offer of "I'll ship as soon as you pay" and then mention a day later "just kidding, thanks for the money, I'll ship it when I get my replacement stuff in line."

Side note for the light bar, I didn't realize it was an Olympus pos until after I agreed to a deal. I agree with you on putting something better in.

Naw I hear you, just giving you some shit. I ran into a similar situation on Facebook with someone I didn't know and wanted to shut it down ASAP and get my money back. Luckily it turned out well and I got the wheel but I thought I was getting taken at first. I agree he should of been upfront when he was planning on shipping it.

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
apart from not getting the refund when requested or the 20" lightbar, i really don't see much of a problem. i've dealt with max before as a seller, he at times takes time to respond and you won't hear from him for days, not unusual for a non vendor who doesn't sell as their day job. at least you got the bumper. sounds like you're missing the bumperettes if i'm not mistaken. either way, if you were waiting that long, another couple of weeks wasn't going to kill you. had you not felt comfortable from the start, you should have filed a claim asap. either way, sounds like it is going to work out. I'm sure @Qcfx2 will work it out, if not, that's some shit.

QCRappy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I didn't get a chance to come back an update the other thread, my apologies.

I hate to have to put this out there, however i'd feel bad if someone else had to deal with this as well...

I received a message from Qcfx2 (Max) in response to a WTB post I made about looking for a front bumper. He said that he had one off a 2014 that he wanted to sell for $250.00 "and will do it as soon as we arrange payment." This was the initial contact, and was done on 10/25/16.

I responded with another offer, to which he replied that he would also send me a 20" light bar along with the bumper, for the $250.00 he asked, with them being shipped to my local Greyhound station. This was on 10/26/16. The wording of his message was a little confusing to me, so I asked him to clarify what he wanted to sell, for what price. Max responded that same night (10/26) "$250 shipped for bumper and a 20" LED" and that he would send me pictures at my request. After texting me a couple pictures, I agreed to purchase, and asked where to send the money. Max provided his PayPal address at 9:14 pm, and at 9:18 pm i confirmed he'd received the money I sent.

The next day (10/27) I contacted Max again to clarify the shipping process through Greyhound, at which point he tells me "I have a new bumper coming in, once it's here i'll drop off your to greyhound." This was the first I heard about him not shipping what I sent him money for, so I asked when that would be. Max told me that it would be "early next week." I told him that was not going to work for me, and asked that he please refund the money I sent him instead. Max replied "no" to this, saying that he would now take the bumper off his truck, and take it to Greyhound Saturday morning (2 days away). Though not entirely happy about this, I decided to compromise with him and agreed to wait until Saturday morning.

Saturday afternoon (10/29). After not hearing anything from Max, I contacted him in the afternoon to make sure the parts were shipped out as he said. He eventually responded saying "not yet" and that he was "out and about" and would text me when it goes out. I again asked him at this point to please refund the money I sent, as I could see where this was going. Max replied to "be patient" and went on to say that "things got a little hectic" etc etc and that I could file a claim against him in PayPal. After several hours, I again contacted Max to ask if the parts were shipped out today at some point, since I had still not received a refund from him. Max would not respond to me, so after several hours of not hearing anything, I filed a PayPal claim for 'unauthorized transaction.' I've never had to do anything like that before, and apparently that's not the correct claim... so PayPal contacted me to update the claim to a 'good not received', which was done at that time.

Sunday (10/30) Max updates me that he "bought shipping material" yesterday, and has still not sent out the parts due to having to run errands for his wife. I asked him again (4th time) to please refund the money to me, since he was clearly delaying and not shipping what was paid for. Max responded that "we have a deal" and that he will "ship all this out."

Monday (10/31) no update, so I ask Max for one. He tells me that he will take it back to them (Greyhound) after work, but that they have the order in the system. Seems odd, but ok, at least i'm getting closer to having something for the money I sent. Later on Monday night, he tells me that it's been dropped off...

Today (11/3) I finally get to go over and pick up the shipment that has come in... however when I get the package... It's only a taped up bumper, no lights, no covers, etc. I immediately ask Max where the rest of the parts are that I paid for, to which he replies "in my truck, they wouldn't allow me to attach them... I'll end them out, but wanted to make sure you got the bumper." Ok, anyone with a 4th grade education can see how stupid of an answer that is, and that he's clambering to make something up to justify this nonsense. I ask him to ship the lights out as they were paid for, and I get a "Lol sure buddy."

This guy has been an absolute nightmare to deal with, and i've had to get on him several times as he tries to pull his bulls*#&.... Anyone that even entertains something with him is in for a real treat and constant headache. Now that I post this, I see that he's had plenty of other issues with people on here, regarding different things. Mods, this would be a good guy to get rid of like you did the company he was repping, he's giving your community a bad name.

Take care guys, hopefully this will at least help someone that is thinking of dealing with this idiot.

First off, Nicholas, Im glad you have now doubled the number of posts you have to 20 over the course of 3 years. 48 hours after getting the money from PayPal you filed a claim against me. If you were serious in this transaction you would have sent the money as goods and services besides first lowballing me on shipped price and I said I would throw in a 20" light bar and rigid covers. I got these from another member from the Pay it forward thread only to sweeten the deal for you.

I already apologized for not getting the bumper out this past Saturday but I did get you a bumper shipped and delivered within 6 days of payment.

Not only did you threaten me saying you would deal with me the same way you deal with people who "steal" from you, I basically lost respect for you and knew I would be getting the bad end of this deal.

Now that you said you don't want the light bar, I'll call greyhound and get them to cancel the shipment since I did drop it off yesterday. Thanks for your business

And please review the numerous threads and many group buys here I set up to help the people of this community. Many can attest for them and I was not the one who did all the bad stuff with Olympus, the owner did.

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

It's not an Olympus bar, actually one I got from a member here in the Pay it forward thread, I can no longer use it and wanted to pass it along

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

PayPal will usually side with the buyer. If you filed a claim, they will hold the funds until the claim is settled. If he removed the funds from his account, it'll place a negative balance on his account. I'm sure there is another member who can speak to getting shorted the full amount for one missing piece.

He must first send the money as "goods and services" which he didn't and PayPal confirmed 4 times. He threatened me multiple times and filed a claim within 48 hours of me receiving the money

I would say I took care of him in getting him the bumper to Florida in 6 days when he waited 3 months for someone to deal with him. Maybe I should have seen the signs since multiple people did reach out to him previously based on his WTB ad

Sometimes the bear gets you and sometimes you get the bear

The bear got me this time