Need yours guys Feedback

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RPG

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
you say you have good friends that are in the business they must have crews that take care of all that shit for them... Even though I did some testing on the shocks and front arms I couldn't say that they would hold up. I know they are tested with many different tire combination but, they released for that specific tire size and I wouldn't change to a bigger size unless I was just driving on road. The direction I would go is towards the friends crew members if it was me... I am sure we can give you opinions but in my opinion you will get the best answer from the people that do this shit for a living...

Something tells me when I talk to my buddies who actually prep the truck they will probably tell me the same thing you just did. This is why I'm struggling with this the more I think about it. I'm really close with the owner of the team who is the driver/owner, and lets just say he is the kind of guy who says put em on, they will be fine. But then I know exactly what the two head techs will tell me, and lets just say it will confirm everything you just wrote. Thanks for the honest feed back, I know the correct answer, but the devil on my right shoulder keeps saying "Projects, Projects, Projects"...

OP
OP
RPG

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
37's, no question about it. The 2" size of the tire will make a huge difference in the dezert by making the holes that much smaller

So what about the shock valving? You of all people know the extra weight these thing bring.

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
So what about the shock valving? You of all people know the extra weight these thing bring.
When you're in the dezert where are you running the truck? Whoops, jumping, fire roads ect?

The truth is that 99% of all Raptors built will never be driven in whoops that will require re-valving due to unsprung weight.

OP
OP
RPG

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
When you're in the dezert where are you running the truck? Whoops, jumping, fire roads ect?

The truth is that 99% of all Raptors built will never be driven in whoops that will require re-valving due to unsprung weight.

Pretty much all of the above. For the most part I head out to barstow around Outlet Center or Hodge and play out there and you know how rough that can get. I try to stay within the trucks limitations because its my daily driver, but I don't baby it by any means. I just don't want to spend the time to put these on and reduce the capabilities of the truck. Ya they would look sick, but I'm all about function.

Don't really care about jumping. My primary focus has always been getting the truck to suck up the woops and handle better on the non fire roads.

At the end of the day, I'm leaning towards putting them on, doing my Mojave Rd trip in May and see how it works out. Worst comes to worst I can always switch back to 35's or revalve the shocks.

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
Pretty much all of the above. For the most part I head out to barstow around Outlet Center or Hodge and play out there and you know how rough that can get. I try to stay within the trucks limitations because its my daily driver, but I don't baby it by any means. I just don't want to spend the time to put these on and reduce the capabilities of the truck. Ya they would look sick, but I'm all about function.

Don't really care about jumping. My primary focus has always been getting the truck to suck up the woops and handle better on the non fire roads.

At the end of the day, I'm leaning towards putting them on, doing my Mojave Rd trip in May and see how it works out. Worst comes to worst I can always switch back to 35's or revalve the shocks.

If they are free than try them out. If I was you, and from what you have said I would run 35's for a few reason's, 1 being that the truck is not designed(clearance) for 37's. Now if you can get them to clear without destroying anything then I would run them. The 2nd reason is that I like the truck to be as low as possible, 37's on the top setting its going to sit like a monster truck.
Now, does that mean the truck wont do well, no. I have a friend that has a big ass Titan(see pic below) on 37's and he rails the sh*t out of it and I've never felt that its going over once.
BarstowtoPrimm2008.jpg

OP
OP
RPG

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Your right, not paying for them so why not right. Worse comes to worse I can always just yank the front fenders off before I go out and play Lol...

OP
OP
RPG

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey, Brenthel Industries in talking about adding 37's to the Raptor on FB. Maybe you can contact them...
Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More

Thanks for the heads up. I ended up calling Ryan at SDHQ figuring if anyone would know the best answer about 37's and this truck, it would be him. He pretty much confirmed that that tire is SO heavy it would be to much for the stock setup. If I was just driving on the street and going for the best look, I would pull the trigger in a heartbeat. But I want to truck to perform right so I'm just going to hold off for a while until my friend comes across a set of 35's.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Based on SDHQ's feedback, that sounds like a wise choice.

Good to know for my future tire plans as well!

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. I ended up calling Ryan at SDHQ figuring if anyone would know the best answer about 37's and this truck, it would be him. He pretty much confirmed that that tire is SO heavy it would be to much for the stock setup. If I was just driving on the street and going for the best look, I would pull the trigger in a heartbeat. But I want to truck to perform right so I'm just going to hold off for a while until my friend comes across a set of 35's.

Smart decision there bud if ya ask me...