Need yours guys Feedback

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ok, here is my problem. Mind you, its not a bad problem to have, just a tough call. My best friend and I have a good friend who races class 1 and TT's. I would rather not say who so don't try to get it out of me:) He knows I've been saving up for a true 35inch tire for some time now (want to go with either a General or Baja T/A) and my buddy was shooting the shit with him today letting him know that I was getting close to pulling the trigger on something. Our buddy who races said I'll hook him up with a set of 37 inch BFG Project take-off from the race car.

With that said, my issue is with the size. I have always told myself I would love to throw a 37 on their, but I know it will rub (even on the top setting) and I didn't feel like trimming everything in the wheel well so I made a choice to stick with a 35. But now this comes up and I keep saying to myself it might be worth ripping out the plastic liner, trimming everythinig that needs to go, and moving it up to the top perch.

So my question to you guys is this? Do you guys think the shocks can handle the extra size and weight of a 37 project with out needing to be revavled? And if this was your desision, what would you do and why?

Thanks

Crosstx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm...
I gotta say i would throw on the 37s cuz they r free and pretty much unobtainable for the rest of us guys. That right there is pretty cool.
Braggin rights fo sho

OP
OP
RPG

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thank gents.

Just think I needed some of your guys feedback to push me over the edge. Will try to find time to mount them up this week.

OP
OP
RPG

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'll trade you an abused set of Grabber 35s for those 37s.... :naughty:

Tell you what. If I get them on their and have regrets I will take you up on the offer. My Methods are the beadlock version so the offset is different then yours. My thinking is my wheels might stick out just a bit too far...

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you say you have good friends that are in the business they must have crews that take care of all that shit for them... Even though I did some testing on the shocks and front arms I couldn't say that they would hold up. I know they are tested with many different tire combination but, they released for that specific tire size and I wouldn't change to a bigger size unless I was just driving on road. The direction I would go is towards the friends crew members if it was me... I am sure we can give you opinions but in my opinion you will get the best answer from the people that do this shit for a living...

Last edited:

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
37's, no question about it. The 2" size of the tire will make a huge difference in the dezert by making the holes that much smaller