Need Your Help! To buy or not? Pics attached

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
A mouse or something did a similar number on my engine cover. I don't ever think about it until I open the hood. Doesn't bother me and hasn't created an issue. Also, the blanket/coozie thing around my battery is falling apart. No idea why. I think it's just cheap crap they use.

I wouldn't worry about it, but I'm not one to "detail" my truck either, though I do take care of maintenance on schedule. It gets washed probably 6 times a year.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Definitely looks like an animal got in. That itself creates a huge concern. Can check the VIN through OASIS at Ford dealer service to see if it had any wiring issues, or even if it had the cam phasers replaced yet.

There is no “yet”, not every truck has a cam phaser issue. New software is being released next month through a customer satisfaction program to prevent future issues.

mprice1234

Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Nice truck and what damage is under the hood that you have found would be easy enough to change out yourself. As long as no other chew issues can be found I say go for it. Doesn't CarMax have a seven day satisfaction guarantee?

ReconReggie19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is no “yet”, not every truck has a cam phaser issue. New software is being released next month through a customer satisfaction program to prevent future issues.
Hey FordTechOne, my truck is going in tomorrow for the dreaded cam phaser surgery. I'm Definitely gonna make sure they're using the (CD) phasers, my question is since the work is getting done mid April am I to early for the software update? Will I still need the update since they're doing the job? Or will I have to bring it back for the update next month. Sorry to hijack the thread, but I saw cam phasers and jumped on it.

OP
OP
PBARaptor

PBARaptor

Reaction score
Nice truck and what damage is under the hood that you have found would be easy enough to change out yourself. As long as no other chew issues can be found I say go for it. Doesn't CarMax have a seven day satisfaction guarantee?
They actually have a 30 day guarantee now!