GEN 2 Need wheel and tire suggestions for the Desert

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jester777z

Reaction score
Tore a sidewall on my original tires. I was going to get new ones in the spring anyway…

I read somewhere there is a “37” tire that’s actually 36-1/2” and doesn’t run. Any one know what this would be?

Any other advice for tires for the Vegas area desert? D or E? I am just a newbie to this type of terrain!

Rick at FMS

aka:Rick @ FreedomMotorsports
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I personally run the Method Trail Series with Beadgrip. Allows you to air down more than a traditional tire and get the performance close to a beadlock tire. I have always ran KO2's in the desert and not any issues. The BFG's run small, as the 37 is actually 36.4

We sell both and can actually mount them and ship them out, ready to mount.

TheCzar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got a new set of KO2s for running in the desert BUT we get snow up here in our slice of the desert so I wanted something I could off-road in the snow with as well. I paired them with Icon Alloys Rebound Pro with their innerlock technology...basically DOT approved beadlocks