NEED URGENT ?? ON DEAVERS INSTALL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M3sparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys my truck is at my buddies place getting the deavers installed and he called me to say that the gas tank has to be removed for the factory bolt to be able to be pulled out. i just sent him a message asking if they provided new bolts if he can just cut the factory bolt off and install the new one from the other side if they had provided new bolts for that area. can anyone give me some quick feedback if theres a way around this? would be nice if he can get them installed today if he has to remove the tank then im going to have to do it another day.

OP
OP
M3sparky

M3sparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks, thats what i told him as well lol. i just wasnt sure if they had provided those bolts in the kit but he said they did so that problem is out of the way. thanks for confirming it for me!

802Avalanche

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The "Ford" way is apparently to drop the tank, but they bill by the hour. I was a little surprised to see they had dropped my tank when mine was in the shop for that job.

D

Deleted member 12951

Yep, even ICON supplies new bolts with their RXT Leafs since you have to cut it off. They actually supply two in their kit

OP
OP
M3sparky

M3sparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
his new advanced alighment frame could not pick up the truck high enough because of the long wheel travel lol so he wasnt able to remove my front tires, he bought a lift but hasnt been installed yet that just raises the truck in the air so he was trying to do it on the alighment frame since it has jacks that raise the cars/truck in the air, but with the long wheel travel he couldnt take off my front wheels, said this is the first time he had ran into that issue. i bought some 6x6 boards to lay accross the frame to give his alighment jacks more height to raise it higher so he will be able to do it now with the beams i got, just aint happening today hopefully can do it tomorrow. or well help him install hew new car lift on the weekend and do it on that. was excited to get my new parts installed today but ran into a couple issues that stalled it for now. oh well i can wait a couple days.

cwylie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like he was getting the alignment done and the tech was trying to use the lift on the alignment rack to take pressure off the suspension so he could make adjustments. Not necessary but some techs might do it that way.