Need to see one - how? Indy & surrounding area

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sc8526

Reaction score
Greetings all - new member, admittedly losing hope that Gen3 Raptors even exist at this point!

Here's the rub...Looking to order, but not willing to do so blindly without ever getting an opportunity to see/sit in one. Even thought about Turo, but quick scans show nothing (indy, cincy, chicago, l'ville) - and dealers are pretty much no help other than wanting to pass off an overpriced trade (gen 2).

Thoughts? Perhaps even a proud owner that wouldn't mind wasting an hour showing off your ride?

Signed
Desperate to buy, but not sight unseen...

rrjreyes12

Reaction score
Call me foolish but one fell into my lap (original buyer backed out) and I bought it blindly. Had it for 5 days now. Worth it. Now mind you it had everything I wanted and I didn't make any compromises AND it was OW. So it was easy. I would say AMB and CO need to be seen in person tho. And the Recaro Blue is an acquired taste. Just my 2 cents. Its my first truck and first Ford. I couldn't be more impressed. BUT. It is large. It dwarfs regular F150s. So its taking sometime learning how to park and whatnot.

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are you concerned about? You can jump in just about any loaded F150 and know what the interior is like.
The ride will be different, obviously... but these trucks drive well. Meaning they are not harsh and can be a very comfortable daily. Welcome to come to Pittsburgh and drive mine. I pick it up Wednesday.
Also, I don't think it "Dwarfs" the regular F150. It is 6" wider, but I never found myself (in my Gen2) thinking it was overly large.

OP
OP
S

sc8526

Reaction score
Just not willing to scratch an 80k check on something that I’ve never seen in the wild. Lots of Roush trucks local, but no raptors.

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In this market you might write a check for $80k but if you don’t like it, someone else will be writing you a check for at least $85k.

Floyd554

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought mine blindly. First in my area. I understand what your saying tho. I bought a Code Orange. Incredible color…..didn’t need to see it either to know it’s exactly what I wanted. Order one…..it’ll be months before it arrives. I’m sure you’ll see a Raptor in the wild by the time you take delivery.

adamj2121

Reaction score
Put a deposit down on an order, it is refundable. If you see one before your order is complete cancel your order and get your deposit back. If you don't see one before your order comes in, go and see the truck in person and test drive. If you don't like the look, feel, or whatever else cancel the purchase and get your deposit back and let the dealer sell to someone else.

Reaction score
High five from Brownsburg.

My Gen2 has been spending too much time at Ford so I hopped blindly on a dealer order at msrp. Fully loaded 35s in CO that is scheduled for Valentines Day delivery. Love the Gen2 just happen to have a Friday build…seriously Friday March 1 2019