need to replace front diff bushings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
im going to add on top of this thread..... i think my motor mounts are worn out too. truck shakes at idle. almost like you were on a boat in calm water but a little more defined shake.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Haha, ill put it in the queue of volunteer projects, should be able to start nlt than july 2021 and complete mid 2030.

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok these bushings are kicking my ass. they dont fit in our press here and the tool we rented at oriellys doesnt work. im at a loss here trying to get these damn things off

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
:( Can you take it to Ford (the front diff) or is that not an option. What about those guys in Sacramento, where Oxfordraptor use to go. Think that was him.

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
:( Can you take it to Ford (the front diff) or is that not an option. What about those guys in Sacramento, where Oxfordraptor use to go. Think that was him.
thats forged offroad.

i ended up using a torch to heat it up and hammer out the middle. took a flat blade screwdriver and chiseled out the rubber. used my airsaw and cut the outer metal on the bushing

IMG_20200920_172516.jpg

IMG_20200920_172541.jpg

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
question. i cant get friction modifier tonight. didnt know i needed it. am i ok to drive 40 miles without it? need to go home and then back here in the morning where i can get some. just highway and city streets. no offroading.

@FordTechOne if you are around, a little insight would help. i also have 80w90 gear oil as stated in the supplement ok to just fill and leave room for the 4 oz of modifier tomorrow?