need to borrow or buy a giant metal ball

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

amphibian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't know what kind of experiment you're doing, but it might be neat to demonstrate the difference between throwing a metal ball at glass vs throwing ninja rocks (broken spark plug ceramic, small and light, but very HARD) at the glass.

You may have seen it before but ninja rocks break glass suuuuper easily.

That being said, the best place to find stuff like that is at teacher supply places 6" is going to be tough though.

Last edited:
OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is just a science project on how different types of glass break. mostly about the cracking/shattering pattern. i think my centerpunch will work fine. i will mod the enclosure i built to accomodate it. its 1/8" glass

BigBOSS

FRF Addict
Reaction score
RDFTS doesn't need his balls since his wife took them!

Haha jk bro

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Harblar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about a shot put? Should be able to find one 12-16lbs easy enough. Maye even borrow one for free from a local high school or college.

Glassman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great shop, I'm forecasting an great TRR for you, as we all of America found out the smart people are from silicon valley thats where you have go to find people able to fix health care programs and stereo fabricators. Good Luck !