GEN 2 Need stereo in truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kyle@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The dsp software has not been released. The primary purpose of the zen a2b was to be an a2b interpreter device and provide digital output to an external dsp. That was its original use case. There is no release date scheduled for the dsp portion and I would recommend not waiting on it. DSP software can take years to properly develop. The Dayton audio 408 is a phenomenal dsp for $150.00 and is proven.

My problem with the Dayton is not enough channels!!
Active 3 way
Rears
Subs

I want do do this setup right like I always have. I’m going to go with the Mosconi Aerospace 8to12. I just need to sell my Audison Bit One and my older Utopia’s and start piecing everything together.

Ordered my NavTV and AF GB60’s, GB25’s, and GB10’s. They should be showing up early next week.

Keep the updates coming it inspires me to keep pushing to order more stuff and get this going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dhmcfadin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Active 3 way
Rears
Subs

I want do do this setup right like I always have. I’m going to go with the Mosconi Aerospace 8to12. I just need to sell my Audison Bit One and my older Utopia’s and start piecing everything together.

Ordered my NavTV and AF GB60’s, GB25’s, and GB10’s. They should be showing up early next week.

Keep the updates coming it inspires me to keep pushing to order more stuff and get this going.

Yeah, Dayton wouldn’t work for that. You’ll like the Mosconi.

dhmcfadin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Active 3 way
Rears
Subs

I will say, I personally believe the Helix interface is better than the mosconi along with the remote. Have you considered the Helix MK2? That’s what I’m running and I have 3-way active front, rears, and sub. It’s an incredible piece of hardware.

OP
OP
2F150

2F150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Inner door panels rattle like hell.

More mat and foam.

Removed loose white plastic reinforcement.

Will add something else if needed.

IMG_1559.jpg
IMG_1563.jpg
IMG_1564.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dhmcfadin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the items circled in red need to be addressed in order for the rattles to go away.
1. Each clip needs to be removed and wrapped in tessa tape. Wrap the portion of the clip that clips into the actual door panel. You will use your panel popper to get them out.
2. The plastic clips around the speaker grill need to be secured
3. The switches need to be popped out and a layer of Tessa tape needs to be wrapped around the body of the switch. This eliminates the plastic to plastic contact.
4. Finally, you need to lay some closed cell foam down on the body of the door to work as a decoupler from the door panel.

afe476b956ce409242496981ad00f4ba.jpg

TheButcher

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I've got nowhere near the refined knowledge you guys have on this stuff, so my input isn't necessarily worth much. That being said, I did active 2 ways up front (Hertz Mille 1650.3), powered by JL HD600/4, and three 10TW3 under the rear seat (JL HD1200/1 powered), all run through the Mosconi 8 to 12 (pro, not aerospace) in my F450. It sounds great, but needs more tuning I think to sound awesome. Yesterday I picked up my Raptor that I went with active 3 ways upfront (Hertz Mille 165.3 with a 4" Hertz Mille), powered by JL VX800/8i (rear factory are on channels 7/8), and two 10TW3 (JL HD750/1 powered) behind the rear seat. It does sound amazing (but still needs some tuning). So, while not apples to apples, I'm impressed so far with the results that the tuning that can be achieved by the VX800/8i. It needs a touch more tweaking, but the sound quality is excellent. I'll be curious to see if my stereo guys can get the Mosconi processed 2 ways to sound as good or better than the JL processed 3 way set up.

Edbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your comment, I’ll keep the updates coming.
I just wanted to say that my old ears cannot tell the difference between a lower-midrange system and upper-midrange one. Too much gunfire, time in data-centers and rock concerts over my lifetime I guess. I usually listen to podcasts and AM radio so 2-channel stereo is not even a requirement for me, HA!

That said I thoroughly enjoy reading and seeing details about projects other people do, even ones i'm not considering.

Just another vote to keep the updates coming!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Too much gunfire, time in data-centers and rock concerts over my lifetime I guess. I usually listen to podcasts and AM radio so 2-channel stereo is not even a requirement for me, HA!

I worked crowd control for several concerts and comedy shows at larger venues many moons ago. One of the shows I worked was The Who at RFK stadium and wouldn’t you know I drew the floor area, 1st 10 rows. They had the biggest array of amps I’ve ever seen at any concert venue. Earplugs only made the ear ringing less. I’ll bet I worked 35-40 shows(?) and I’ve attended plenty more and to this day I’ve never seen or heard anything like it. One show came close - AC/DC at the Cap center.

whatever pyrotechnics they were using, the guys shooting off the fireworks on the DC mall should hire them. “For Those about to Rock...” the explosions for the cannon fire shook the ground outside the Cap center, not just inside the arena. That was pretty impressive.

that, and a bunch of M16 and some M60 rounds down range with minimal if any hearing protection didn’t do anything for my hearing acuity but thankfully I can still appreciate a good stereo.