GEN 2 Need stereo in truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kyle@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Looking good man. I ordered my NavTV and Audio Frog 3 way last week. It will be a little while till I start my build. Still Acquiring parts for my build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TheButcher

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Wow! Incredible work. How much did he charge you to cover those?

OP
OP
2F150

2F150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow! Incredible work. How much did he charge you to cover those?
300 with 48 hour turnaround. The new guy wanted 750, guess he didn’t want a new customer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kyle@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Love my Audiofrog GB60s! They go in the truck next week along with an MTI box and amps etc. I’ll post pics.

NICE!!! I’m coming from an old set of Focal Utopia’s I’ve ran in 3 different cars. Loved them.
I’ve read so many awesome reviews on the AF’s especially the GB60’s and GB25’s. Did you go a 2way or 3way?

nice, thanks for the notice on that navtv price drop!

!

Not a problem. Now I’m just waiting on them to release the DSP update!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
2F150

2F150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you link me to some information on this? I heard there was a forum with feedback for the dev team. I have some concerns about the kit.

-amps turn on each time door opens even if I want to get my gum out of the truck, they need some other turn on logic or I will add a switch. I have some nice gear and I don’t need all of the off/on unless I’m listening. Occasionally, volume control is bypassed yikes.

-I couldn’t connect to it. I called customer support and they provided the IP so I could connect. This was done for a reason.

-software not production level and more like a senior design project. Technically you can call it dsp, but it’s not dsp. Looking forward this update.

I’m not one to whine, I can help these guys free of charge.

dhmcfadin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you link me to some information on this? I heard there was a forum with feedback for the dev team. I have some concerns about the kit.

-amps turn on each time door opens even if I want to get my gum out of the truck, they need some other turn on logic or I will add a switch. I have some nice gear and I don’t need all of the off/on unless I’m listening. Occasionally, volume control is bypassed yikes.

-I couldn’t connect to it. I called customer support and they provided the IP so I could connect. This was done for a reason.

-software not production level and more like a senior design project. Technically you can call it dsp, but it’s not dsp. Looking forward this update.

I’m not one to whine, I can help these guys free of charge.

The dsp software has not been released. The primary purpose of the zen a2b was to be an a2b interpreter device and provide digital output to an external dsp. That was its original use case. There is no release date scheduled for the dsp portion and I would recommend not waiting on it. DSP software can take years to properly develop. The Dayton audio 408 is a phenomenal dsp for $150.00 and is proven.

The current user interface is only for controlling chime routing and volume. I wouldn’t expect a more refined interface to perform that function. It does what it’s supposed to do and once the user sets it, they aren’t going back in to make more adjustments. Hence why the connection method is not a eye catching procedure or interface. It is not a dsp interface nor does it have any dsp features in any shape or form.

The reason the amps turn on when you open the door is because that’s how the factory b&o system operates. When you open the door, the b&o amp, along with the rest of the truck modules begin to wake. The reason being, the b&o amp and the zen operate all chimes and warning notifications. They need to boot when the door opens like the rest of the modules. It’s operating as designed by ford.