Need some Raptor advice/opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

glaneher

Reaction score
I need some advice on what to do with my 2018 Shelby Raptor. Bought new in August 2019. First week I had it there was a heavy rain and it happened to be outside and water was noted from the ceiling and headliner dripping to drivers side . The dealer came and picked it up and "fixed a leak" in the sunroof. Recently had complete carpet replaced due to mold from a recurring leaking AC drain for which they had to take the entire dash off to fix it. Just got it back Friday (yesterday) from dealer service and the same night it happened to be outside (it is rarely outside usually garaged just happened to have something in the way in the garage and I had to go to work) and it rained heavily and I got home from work and happened to open the truck and water on drivers side mat and carpet and driver side headliner and sunshade are soaked. The truck has been garaged mostly so the leak would be rarely noted and it seems to need a heavier rain to make it leak. This is unacceptable and I am quite frustrated. Do I bring it to a different dealer? I do like this dealership but they missed the boat here. I am considering seeing an attorney over this. Hoping the headliner dries without staining. What would others do with this issue? I otherwise love my truck but this I suspect will be an ongoing issue and it will be a Florida truck in a year or so where it rains a lot. I appreciate any feedback.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Ford customer service for one. Second, talk to the service manager about this frustration. give them a shot at fixing it.

Most of the moon roof leaking issues are simple; clogged drain tubes, etc. but I believe we had a user who had an actual leak from the metal around the moon roof and that was not simple, or easy to repair. Not sure of the outcome.

Document / record your interactions from this point forward. I’ve prevailed in a lemon law suit, it’s not something you want to do unless you can commit to it; the process is not super expensive but isn’t going to make you rich. It can take from 3-18 months to resolve, it’s usually 8-10 months before you get a settlement offer.

I’d start with the svc. mgr and ask him bluntly if he/she and their staff can fix this, yes or no. All of them say yes. Since you’re recording this, it becomes evidence if the repair goes south. At the very least, they should be willing to throw in an ESP - if you don’t already have one. If you do, they should be giving a platinum f150 loaner while they sort this mess out. Tell them to leave it outside in the rain and figure it out, no more excuses.

if that works, you move on with life.
If not, then you have a decision to make.

Trade it or sue to try and get out from under it.
Honestly, you’d probably make out in a trade or outright sale pretty well and may not be worth the hassle of suing unless you plan to keep the truck long term.

Good luck.