Votes: 16 41.0%
  • Simulated Beadlock With Added Weight

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Bolts in the lip with optional bolt on ring

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • Nothing, it's ugly

Votes: 7 17.9%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm helping one of our suppliers develop a 17" Raptor specific wheel. These are just a few rough drafts on what it might look like.

Some of the key features

17x8.5 6x135 +06 Hub Centric

Weight = 24lbs

Load Rating = over 2500lbs

All wheels brought in raw and powder coated the color of your choice when ordered

Optional bolt on ring

Attachments

• IMG_2546.JPG
    IMG_2546.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_2598.jpg
    IMG_2598.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_2602.jpg
    IMG_2602.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm helping one of our suppliers develop a 17" Raptor specific wheel. These are just a few rough drafts on what it might look like.

Some of the key features

17x8.5 6x135 +06 Hub Centric

Weight = 24lbs

Load Rating = over 2500lbs

All wheels brought in raw and powder coated the color of your choice when ordered

Optional bolt on ring

+6 offset?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
I think the bolt on ring looks too small and busy with the rectangle Circle rectangle thing.

OP
OP
FP Forged

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the bolt on ring looks too small and busy with the rectangle Circle rectangle thing.

That’s how it would look before the ring. The ring would bolt on and be wider. Possibly something similar to the drain rings and a plain option

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

Fully forged or flow forged?

At this point it’s just cast. They’re looking into flow forging but that usually only benefits concave and flat faced wheels that the the whole barrell can be flow formed . Since this has a lip/dish a very small portion of the barrell would be flow formed. It’s not off the table yet though. I told them the lighter the better. It’ll be nice to see a lightweight wheel with a high load rating.

Last edited:

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I voted smooth lip and as light as possible (but with an appropriate load rating). That's what I've been wanting for years. Fake locks are... fake. And they just introduce more places for more corrosion. But I couldn't wait any longer and finally had to pull the trigger on a set of forged Welds. The Method Roost is currently the only other wheel I would consider for my truck but with its weight and power I just decided I needed to step up.

PS - HUBCENTRIC.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
At this point it’s just cast. They’re looking into flow forging but that usually only benefits concave and flat faced wheels that the the whole barrell can be flow formed . Since this has a lip/dish a very small portion of the barrell would be flow formed. It’s not off the table yet though. I told them the lighter the better. It’ll be nice to see a lightweight wheel with a high load rating.

Wow, didn't think weight would be that low in that style without going forged or flow forged. Nice!

OP
OP
FP Forged

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. Anything you guys would change about the face design?