Need some lift/tire advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I talked to the experts today at Texas Motorworx. Funny how they can convince you to exceed your budget by knowing their shit. Gonna go with the Eibachs, Deaver+3, bump stop, and Toyo R/T 35s.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

What happened? It seems like they forgot to sell you a new inter-cooler, turbos, exhaust, 3 pairs of front light, at least 2 pairs of rear lights, and a tune! Why stop half way? :happy175: Welcome to the, "Throw bags of money at your truck club".

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I talked to the experts today at Texas Motorworx. Funny how they can convince you to exceed your budget by knowing their shit. Gonna go with the Eibachs, Deaver+3, bump stop, and Toyo R/T 35s.

I am glad you talked to them. Your truck will look and perform very good when you are done with phase 1.

While it may cost a little more than you originally planned, you will save you money in the long run. You can always add more options when your budget allows. Tunes, lights, exhaust, IC, etc

DEGBTI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just curious, why do you have to do anything if you are going to run 35's ? They come stock with them?

OP
OP
Cristian H

Cristian H

Reaction score
just curious, why do you have to do anything if you are going to run 35's ? They come stock with them?
The end goal is to sit a little higher up and level out the factory rake. The Toyo 35s are a more of a true 35 from what was explained to me as opposed to the K02s. Then, all these forums nuts convinced me that my paycheck will be well spent with the springs and leafs.

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That is a great question. I could see leveling, but the difference from a 34.4” BFG to a 34.7” 35x12.5R17 seems like it’s not worth the cost.

OP
OP
Cristian H

Cristian H

Reaction score
That is a great question. I could see leveling, but the difference from a 34.4” BFG to a 34.7” 35x12.5R17 seems like it’s not worth the cost.
What are your thoughts on just employing the Eibachs to achieve level? I've heard differing opinions on end result on a 2018. I definitely don't want a nose up look if I skip the Deavers

DEGBTI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if I where you and you plan on running 35's, just get an RPG 1.5 spacer and tires, done for under budget

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on just employing the Eibachs to achieve level? I've heard differing opinions on end result on a 2018. I definitely don't want a nose up look if I skip the Deavers

I’m not the best person to give that specific advise as I have a 2020 on order and haven’t used the specific parts you’re asking about. I’ve been reading lots of threads and my internet opinion from what I’ve seen other post is the eibachs should come close to level. New springs usually sit tall and then settle some. From what I’ve read here and seen on YouTube I think the progressive Geiser coils are better than the eibachs for the way these trucks perform, but they reportedly give more height which doesn’t help you. I do think that any springs are the better solution compared to a spacer or collars for achieving front height.

Personally I plan on buying the Deavers at some point, my choice would be the +3 with a 1” lowering shackle. That combination gives you the option for 1” of lift in the rear if you need it vs the standard +2 setup. I don’t want to lift my truck at all, or really do any mods that will negatively effect fuel economy. I know I shouldn’t care about such nonsense, but I will be driving my Raptor about 20K miles per year for work.