Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Need some lift/tire advice

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modification' started by Cristian H, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Troy McCartney

Troy McCartney Member

Second vote for Texas Motoworx, just drive down to their shop and take a look. They won’t steer you wrong and there’s always a bunch of gen 1 & 2 raptors in there to check out.

Smokey and Cristian H like this.
  2. Steebo

Steebo Full Access Member

$2k is not going to be enough... thatll cover tires but that about it. I do not recommend spacers of any kind. The correct way would be to increase shock travel in the front and springs in the back. I believe a decent pair of springs are gonna be $2k right off the bat and that's before looking at bump stops. If this is purely for looks then get a spacer and bigger tires. If this is for function and form then you're gonna need 3x your budget

TXRaptor and Cristian H like this.
  3. Smokey

Smokey Member

Texas Motorworx is the only place I trust with my Raptor.
    there's really no reason to go anywhere else in the metroplex. do yourself a solid and go see the guys over at TMX.

fwiw, they installed my eibach / Deaver +3's... I'm now considering bumping up to 37's

Cristian H likes this.
  4. Jeff-Ohio

Jeff-Ohio Full Access Member

I am running 37" KO2's with Geiser springs up front and Deaver+3 in the rear and love the setup. The cost of the springs will be right around $2K, so you will just need to find another $700 to $1K for the spring installation and wheel alignment, in addition to, about $1400 for the tires. I would strongly suggest researching the options and doing it right the first time. If not, you will end up spending a lot more when you decide to do it right in the future due to lost labor and replacing parts.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
  5. Cristian H

Cristian H Member

To get me started, could I install the Eibachs in the front and put on the 35s and just leave it at that? In other words, could I do this and then wait to do the Deavers in the back? Or is that going to just change the direction of my rake from nose down to tail down? I don't carry a load in the bed that often. Also planning on stopping by Texas Motoworx when I get a chance. Appreciate all the feedback.

6. bruiser

bruiser Full Access Member

yup you can

7. pbtjrlmrt

pbtjrlmrt Full Access Member

There is SOOOOO much more to running 37s on a raptor than doing a lift. If your plan is for a mall crawler then fine but if intend to do off road and retain any reliability/performance then you have to spend thousands to do it right. Buy once cry once is correct but in this case a lift alone won't cut it...again...unless you are only planning it to be a street princess.

Steebo likes this.
  8. cayenne

cayenne Full Access Member

Not no, but hell F'n no!

Cristian H likes this.
  9. Cristian H

Cristian H Member

I talked to the experts today at Texas Motorworx. Funny how they can convince you to exceed your budget by knowing their shit. Gonna go with the Eibachs, Deaver+3, bump stop, and Toyo R/T 35s.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Jonny V, Smokey and Maintecheib like this.
  10. BroncoAZ

BroncoAZ Full Access Member

Sounds like a good setup.