need some help with engine knock warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M3sparky

M3sparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the dealer give you an opinion on what they thought the failure was caused by?
nope just listed all the things they found to be damaged or broken inside of the engine, and what they recommended to be replaced. the SA is cool and easy to work with . i just had the whole thing just replaced, and everythings fine and dandy now. im pretty sure that more items were harmed inside of it because of it being driven a few miles after it had made the knock noise, and since i was on a bad single lane road at the time where i couldnt just pull over , i had prob driven it 15 miles or so before i had it parked and towed from that point. so it would be hard to know what was the cause of what broke first, even though i granny drove it im sure it caused other things to break from the driving that had to be done to get to a safe place to park. kinda was curious myself what had happened at first or what caused it but it sounded like a rod knock but thats just my guess. now that i know a bit more about this platform though i will change the way of my mod choices and enjoy it with the new engine. wish i had more beneficial info to share.