need some help with engine knock warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M3sparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hi guys, my truck started to knock really loud last night after doing a hard wot pull, i had recently installed a high pressure fuel pump and tune and 2 days after this happens, im at 44k miles, i was curious if i would remove these bolt on mods and revert it to stock form , tune and all, would i have a chance for ford to replace or fix the engine? i beleive the powertrain warranty is till 60k miles, so i hope i can get them replace it. really bummed out and frustrated right now with it, as this is by far the soonest i ever had a engine knock on any of my trucks i owned before, i mean this is my first ford truck and i like it but now im not so sure i will keep wanting to buy another ford after experiencing these issues at such early miles. has enough done this before and got the dealer to replace it under warranty? it knocks pretty damn loud and engine shakes like it hasa couple cyclniders not working on top of that. i am on mpt tune and i cna remove all that but hope they would be able to do it, i did pay 3k for maintenace at the dealer i bought it from and i have not used that even once, so maybe that may help me push them to fix it, thoughts?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Don’t be dishonest.
i mean this is my first ford truck and i like it but now im not so sure i will keep wanting to buy another ford after experiencing these issues at such early miles. has enough done this before and got the dealer to replace it under warranty? it knocks pretty damn loud and engine shakes like it hasa couple cyclniders not working on top of that. i am on mpt tune and i cna remove all that but hope they would be able to do it, i did pay 3k for maintenace at the dealer i bought it from and i have not used that even once, so maybe that may help me push them to fix it, thoughts?

This sounds like the tune was way, way, way too aggressive. This is all going to be obvious to the tech, the S/A, and there’s no way they’re getting that covered under warranty, and as a result, you won’t either. Remember, the stealership has to get approval for warranty repairs and if they’re busted lying about a diagnosis there could be job/career ending consequences - ecoboosts aren’t cheap.

There’s nothing wrong with the eco boost or Ford here, there’s plenty of Raptors out there knocking on 100k now.
@GordoJay nailed it.

Stroked out

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They can tell and they will be looking. You will still need to change that pump and tune so they can work on it. Maybe other stuff depending on your mods.

Last edited:

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It might not be as bad as you think, take it in and get it looked at, so you know what's going on. I remember another member having a bad knock on his Gen 2 and it was some rod for the fuel pressure regulator or something? I still remember what my dealer said "do whatever you want with your Raptor, just don't put a tune on it", always had everything covered under warranty. Get it fixed and leave the tunes off of it unless you can live by the motto "play hard, pay hard". And it's not Ford's fault you went with a tune. Keep us informed, maybe somebody can help, but find out what's wrong first.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Essentially a non issue on the stock eco boost, so don’t let your mpt tune and high pressure fuel pump convince you that Ford did anything wrong. MPT tune was too aggressive, that’s not fords fault. Be honest with the SA and they might at least work with you to keep you happy and in a Ford. Just don’t blame them for your aftermarket decisions

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You have to admit it is kind of ironic. I changed the fuel pump (why? E85 tune maybe?), installed a big tune, did wide open throttle pulls and now it knocks.

"as this is by far the soonest i ever had a engine knock on any of my trucks i owned before, i mean this is my first ford truck and i like it but now im not so sure i will keep wanting to buy another ford after experiencing these issues at such early miles."

So you have had multiple truck engine failures, first time buyer from Ford, made significant changes to the engine management software and fuel system, and wanting to try and trick Ford into paying for it? I bet they are FIGHTING to keep your business! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Scottx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you screwed up and now want to blame Ford. Your an irresponsible loser. Man up YOU did this thinking you know better than ??
Ps: these raptors communicate everything back to mommy even if you unplug.
You ain’t smarter than ford.