GEN 2 Need some help with camber after UCA install.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

signalbobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you install the slot delete kit like I have shown you should be pretty close on camber and caster. I installed everything myself and did a rough toe adjustment in my garage. They didn’t touch camber or castor and just dialed in the toe to within spec.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doesnt the kit come with multiple adjustment washers? I was under the impression it came with multiple adjustment washers. Or is it just 1 full install set of 8 washers (4 front/4rear)?

upload_2019-3-25_19-50-10.png

dubya_raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the rogue racing slot delete slot kit, but just emailed them. i dont want to drop $500 on it and not ever receive it. i asked if it was in stock.

Funny you say that. I ordered one and never received it. Waited two months for it too. I ordered it through Amazon and fortunately Amazon cancelled the order since it was never fulfilled.

DrewFish11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesnt the kit come with multiple adjustment washers? I was under the impression it came with multiple adjustment washers. Or is it just 1 full install set of 8 washers (4 front/4rear)?

View attachment 120963

Comes with the full set exactly as you’ve pictured. I found that kicking the lower control arm out as far as it would go provided the best camber with least amount of adjustment for the icon upper control arms.

You may find it to be different for your truck. They aren’t that difficult to swap out once you get going. I have an impact gun so it went quick.

Let me know how it goes for you if that’s the route you decide to go.

signalbobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Comes with the full set exactly as you’ve pictured. I found that kicking the lower control arm out as far as it would go provided the best camber with least amount of adjustment for the icon upper control arms.

You may find it to be different for your truck. They aren’t that difficult to swap out once you get going. I have an impact gun so it went quick.

Let me know how it goes for you if that’s the route you decide to go.

Thanks! Just realized Foutz is in my neighborhood. Ill give them a call tomorrow. If i can, ill try the install this weekend.

OP
OP
brettmess24

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got the shocks installed by SVC and they sent it out to get it aligned. So not sure what happend at the alignment shop, i did get those papers tho after alignment

My alignment shop followed the directions from Icon. Brought the LCA’s all the way out and adjusted the UCA’s to get them dialed in. They were giving me a hard time about the statement from Icon.

I’m thinking they left yours as is and they come way to far out. Do your tires squeal around corners?

signalbobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did my UCA install Thursday (Camburg) along with Eibach coils. Mine was the opposite with too much negative camber and some toe out. I drove the ~20 miles to the alignment shop and they couldn't fit it on their rack, so I made an appointment at a better alignment shop for Monday and drove the 20 miles back home. It was fine. It's just going to wear your tires unevenly for a few miles, no big deal. I did not drive slow or baby it either, I went 80mph down the freeway. It's no big deal.

Just read you left 4 threads from jam nut. I have the same too much negative camber and would like to adjust them 2 to 3 threads more to put it back to 0.

No luck at rogue as they dont have the delete kit.

Last edited:

FrodoTBaggins88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just read you left 4 threads from jam nut. I have the same too much negative camber and would like to adjust them 2 to 3 threads more to put it back to 0.

No luck at rogue as they dont have the delete kit.

I did 3 threads out I believe (technically it was 4 but there's an extra bracket that goes on there for 2019s and it takes up about 1 thread width). I had a good bit of negative camber. If you're gonna try to dial it in with slot delete I'd probably go like 6 threads out on the heims to start. The alignment process would be more annoying at an alignment shop because they'd have to keep pulling the UCA to adjust the heims. What I would probably do is shake my truck out over some bumps then park it on level ground and use a digital angle finder to do the camber myself, then just let the alignment shop do the toe. If they had to do the alignment with the UCA heims they'd probably start charging by the hour and your alignment would cost $200, but I guess you only have to do that once when you have the slot delete. It's just keeping your toe in check after that.

signalbobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ended up talking to camburg. They recommended 6 threads out. Passenger side was 6ish threads. Anyhow the camber was pretty close and had minimal camber adjustment to get it in spec. Camburg wanted more negative camber for handling. I opted not to.

Also ended up installing SPC lower cam plates and bolts. You need to drill a guide hole for the plates. However so far the work great!