GEN 2 Need some help with camber after UCA install.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

signalbobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct, you have to unbolt it on both sides of the shock tower to adjust the heim in or out, align and repeat until its dialed in. ICON you can make large or minor adjustments while its on the truck due to their patented design on the pinch sleeve.

Dam. Didn’t know that. How would an alignment shop adjust them? Would they do that?

D

Deleted member 12951

Dam. Didn’t know that. How would an alignment shop adjust them? Would they do that?

Find a good alignment shop and educate them on your UCA’s. Except to pay by the hour and not their standard alignment rate. Most places won’t do it so the search is real....

signalbobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Find a good alignment shop and educate them on your UCA’s. Except to pay by the hour and not their standard alignment rate. Most places won’t do it so the search is real....
A shop next to SDHQ apparently does alignments with the Camburg Kinetik's. My original intent was to install the LCA camber lock out bolts and have all the adjustments on the UCA. I will see how it goes.

Thanks!

FrodoTBaggins88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you install the Camburg UCAs with 4 threads out on the heims there is plenty of adjustment room in the LCA slots to get you aligned without the alignment shop having to touch the UCAs. If you want to do a slot delete then yeah, alignment would be a more involved process with adjusting the heims on the UCAs but once it’s done it’s locked in forever, it can’t move.

I got my truck aligned at a local place that does big rigs and it was $95.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

signalbobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you install the Camburg UCAs with 4 threads out on the heims there is plenty of adjustment room in the LCA slots to get you aligned without the alignment shop having to touch the UCAs. If you want to do a slot delete then yeah, alignment would be a more involved process with adjusting the heims on the UCAs but once it’s done it’s locked in forever, it can’t move.

I got my truck aligned at a local place that does big rigs and it was $95.

Do you still have the stock lower cam bolts installed? i was looking at the SPC tabs at SDHQ or the foutamotorsports slot delete kit. I wanted to go Rogue Racing but considering the amount of shennigans regarding their sales and delivery process. I may give them a call to see if they have it in stock.

FrodoTBaggins88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you still have the stock lower cam bolts installed? i was looking at the SPC tabs at SDHQ or the foutamotorsports slot delete kit. I wanted to go Rogue Racing but considering the amount of shennigans regarding their sales and delivery process. I may give them a call to see if they have it in stock.

I have the stock slot bolts installed right now yeah, I plan on doing a slot delete kit sooner or later since I do a lot of off-roading and it will inevitably lose alignment. I was probably going to go with Rogue since they are in my area and I can just go pick them up. I'll look at those others you mentioned though.

signalbobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the Foutz Motorsports slot delete with the Icon uppers. Very happy with that combination.

The rogue kit is definitely top of line. Looks like a very well built piece for sure.

5057eb34ec162fbe236bfde02a4bda3e.jpg

6afcb5365a56e0f4d58e51f242c0d0b3.jpg

Who installed and aligned your setup? How many times did they have to swap washers to get it right?

signalbobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the stock slot bolts installed right now yeah, I plan on doing a slot delete kit sooner or later since I do a lot of off-roading and it will inevitably lose alignment. I was probably going to go with Rogue since they are in my area and I can just go pick them up. I'll look at those others you mentioned though.
I like the rogue racing slot delete slot kit, but just emailed them. i dont want to drop $500 on it and not ever receive it. i asked if it was in stock.

DrewFish11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who installed and aligned your setup? How many times did they have to swap washers to get it right?

If you install the slot delete kit like I have shown you should be pretty close on camber and caster. I installed everything myself and did a rough toe adjustment in my garage. They didn’t touch camber or castor and just dialed in the toe to within spec.