GEN 2 Need some help with camber after UCA install.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That camber isn't going to hurt a thing while getting it to the alignment shop..The toe-in will cause more wear on the tires then that camber will...I'd do a quick and dirty toe-in adjustment.

OP
OP
brettmess24

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That camber isn't going to hurt a thing while getting it to the alignment shop..The toe-in will cause more wear on the tires then that camber will...I'd do a quick and dirty toe-in adjustment.

Lol not sure what that means, thanks for the feedback!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2xtreme

Reaction score
Adjusting camber isn't a big deal but I'd be more concerned with getting the caster correct. Neither will effect much until you get the alignment done. But toe will **** your tires toe in or out and make it darty and unstable. I suggest doing a quick toe adjustment with two tape measures and some short 2x4s or similar strait bars you can index to the tire and wheels. place the 2x4 on each wheel above where the tire bulges from weight. use a bungee to hold to wheel or space it level off the floor. The 2x4 needs to extend about an in or 2 on each side of the tire front and back. this sets up two reference planes to measure from. compare the front of the tire to rear of the tire and adjust the tie rods so they are equal (parallel). I use "toe plates" for my race car with extremely good accuracy. google search DIY toe plates for photo ideas. This will get you very close.

FrodoTBaggins88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did my UCA install Thursday (Camburg) along with Eibach coils. Mine was the opposite with too much negative camber and some toe out. I drove the ~20 miles to the alignment shop and they couldn't fit it on their rack, so I made an appointment at a better alignment shop for Monday and drove the 20 miles back home. It was fine. It's just going to wear your tires unevenly for a few miles, no big deal. I did not drive slow or baby it either, I went 80mph down the freeway. It's no big deal.

OP
OP
brettmess24

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did my UCA install Thursday (Camburg) along with Eibach coils. Mine was the opposite with too much negative camber and some toe out. I drove the ~20 miles to the alignment shop and they couldn't fit it on their rack, so I made an appointment at a better alignment shop for Monday and drove the 20 miles back home. It was fine. It's just going to wear your tires unevenly for a few miles, no big deal. I did not drive slow or baby it either, I went 80mph down the freeway. It's no big deal.

Yeah I’m thinking I will be ok to drive it in, hopefully they can get me in. Had I known I was going to do the install I would have scheduled the alignment in advance...

Aesconde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
See the alignment notes at the bottom of the instructions.

http://www.iconvehicledynamics.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/I98561DJ_REVA.pdf

The uca’s are preset from the factory to the recommended alignment setting where the Lca bolts are at the outside of the hole. If you do that, you’d be pretty close with caster/camber.

When I installed my icon UCAs I also installed a cam kit (SPC 86252) to help keep the lca bolts locked to the outside so they will be less prone to move while off roading. If you are going to be messing with the lca bolts anyways, it might be a good idea to install the cam kit too.

cwylie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove mine for about 200 miles with my camber like that. Drove funny but didnt hurt anything. You are ok to drive it to the shop.

OP
OP
brettmess24

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove mine for about 200 miles with my camber like that. Drove funny but didnt hurt anything. You are ok to drive it to the shop.

Wow! I drove her in this AM, didn’t go over 40mph with no problems and like you said drove funny as hell.

Thanks all for the replies! Excited to get her back and dial in the shocks on and off road.

Not excited to try and add more preload...

cwylie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah my steering felt super mushy and it tracked weird. I was trying to get some miles on my new motor before I let someone else touch it. Toe will kill tires was faster than camber or caster will.