Need some help dotting the i's on my order

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXAG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I made an order today with a dealer, but some of the stuff I read on here has me concerned. They did not want a deposit for my order. They showed me a build sheet and had me confirm it was what I wanted. I have it through text with the dealer that it is msrp and no dealer add ons, as well as the build sheet. They had me provide my email and a picture of my drivers license. I made sure to ask multiple times if they had an allocation, and they said they did. In fact, they had to confirm with the manager/area manager so I had to wait a day to build it. Am I missing anything?

Floyd554

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya never know for sure. However, your experience so far is kinda the way it was with me. My salesman insisted for months that the truck was mine when it arrived. He never wanted a deposit. I told him I would not pay over MSRP. He always told me not to worry about it. I never had anything in writing. The day it arrived he sent me a pick of it on the truck. The next day I picked it up. Paid MSRP. No issues. However, if you read through tue posts you’ll see a wide spectrum of experiences. Some real good like me and way to many as bad as it can get. Many thought they had their T’s crossed and I’s dotted, but ended up getting screwed. In conclusion……ya just don’t know.

OP
OP
TXAG

TXAG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One thing is the order is showing a priority of 20, from what I'm reading it should be 19 or less. Also, they did not want me to sign anything.

OP
OP
TXAG

TXAG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bill fick Ford?
Yes, they are the ones that show priority as 20. I have another order with a different dealer as well but don't know the priority yet. I tried to use your guy in Temple but they smacked me with 5k over MSRP.

Stojanowski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, they are the ones that show priority as 20. I have another order with a different dealer as well but don't know the priority yet. I tried to use your guy in Temple but they smacked me with 5k over MSRP.
Yea he got quiet on me when I asked about his last allocation.

I have the same thing with Bill Fick... Order sheet that required nothing but my ID.

I have a TRX order with granger as well

EMY92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't worry about the priority code. The priority code is for vehicles produced for that dealer only.

Part availability is much more important now as far as when your order will be built.

Also, don't get too wrapped up in what option is keeping your truck from getting built. There are hundreds of trucks identical to yours and mine that have shipped, while others sit or get pushed back in production.

JerseyMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I made an order today with a dealer, but some of the stuff I read on here has me concerned. They did not want a deposit for my order. They showed me a build sheet and had me confirm it was what I wanted. I have it through text with the dealer that it is msrp and no dealer add ons, as well as the build sheet. They had me provide my email and a picture of my drivers license. I made sure to ask multiple times if they had an allocation, and they said they did. In fact, they had to confirm with the manager/area manager so I had to wait a day to build it. Am I missing anything?
similar experience here except my dealer said that they did not have any allocation but might get one down the road....4 weeks later still no allocation but surprise-suprise mine has a vin and is supposedly scheduled....I do have an email with confirmation of MSRP and also text.....gave a $500 deposit but didn't sign anything or get any contract but I did buy a raptor brand new from this dealer 2 years ago