Need some help ASAP Code P06B6/ Faulty PCM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Varhammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone help?

My 2014 was throwing this code P06B6 but was driving fine. No loss of power or anything.

I took it to the Stealership and they have found that I need a PCM.

The tech says using their guide says that a performance upgrade was added to the truck.
I spoke with the tech and he said looking at my engine there was nothing visible.
I told him that nothing was done to fix up the engine. The only modification done was the addition of lighting.

They are searching for a PCM that they will have to reprogram to work with my truck.

Any help is appreciated. The truck has had regular maintenance from a friend who is a retired FORD mechanic.
This is beyond his area and he thinks the code could be that the truck needs a PCM update.

Much thanks!

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If nothing aftermarket is tied into the PCM or related wiring/harnesses, DTC P06B6 can set due to electromagnetic interference from the secondary ignition system, meaning coils and boots. Start with inspecting/replacing those components before throwing a PCM at it.