Need some exhaust help/advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
kpecks

kpecks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going back to stock is your best bet. Those who waste money trying to put lipstick on a pig are achieving nothing imho. NOTHING you do for any amount of money will make the turbo V6 sound like anything but a turbo V6. You can change the sound but you can't make it sound good. If changing the sound makes it sound good to you then go for it but imo it is futile and money best spent elsewhere.

This is what im thinking... I do have my truck tuned with MPT tunes and a CAI. Its pretty well dialed in. The magna flow muffler is a dual in dual out but its 24" long. I called them up and they said to add two resonators at $100 a piece plus install... not going to pay more to fix a problem (for me at least) magna flow products created in the first place. The stainless tubes and the big 5" black rear tailpipes are nice. Everything is clamped, no welds, so swapping out something in place, I thought, would be fairly easy but its proving not to be.

So, for $100 for a 2019 take off full exhaust system... I figured that was worth it... I could care less about the sound other than the drone. I just don't want to jack up for the current performance.

Appreciate everyones responses thus far.

Kuan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is what im thinking... I do have my truck tuned with MPT tunes and a CAI. Its pretty well dialed in. The magna flow muffler is a dual in dual out but its 24" long. I called them up and they said to add two resonators at $100 a piece plus install... not going to pay more to fix a problem (for me at least) magna flow products created in the first place. The stainless tubes and the big 5" black rear tailpipes are nice. Everything is clamped, no welds, so swapping out something in place, I thought, would be fairly easy but its proving not to be.

So, for $100 for a 2019 take off full exhaust system... I figured that was worth it... I could care less about the sound other than the drone. I just don't want to jack up for the current performance.

Appreciate everyones responses thus far.

Have you seen the threads here with the F150 Limited exhaust? Perfect sound, perfect fit, and obviously no drone.

Troutrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going back to stock is your best bet. Those who waste money trying to put lipstick on a pig are achieving nothing imho. NOTHING you do for any amount of money will make the turbo V6 sound like anything but a turbo V6. You can change the sound but you can't make it sound good. If changing the sound makes it sound good to you then go for it but imo it is futile and money best spent elsewhere.

I certainly beg to differ but it is purely opinion. Have you actually heard the ATAK system on the Gen2 Raptor? It’s worthy...but again, just personal opinion. The exhaust “note” is very important to me so for me it was worth it. But you are right, its a thousand bucks for sound and if you’re a believer, for perhaps a bit better breathability. Argument well taken for money spent elsewhere but for me, I’d have paid twice that without blinking. So very satisfied. Hard to wipe away my grin every time I start her up!

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I certainly beg to differ but it is purely opinion. Have you actually heard the ATAK system on the Gen2 Raptor? It’s worthy...but again, just personal opinion. The exhaust “note” is very important to me so for me it was worth it. But you are right, its a thousand bucks for sound and if you’re a believer, for perhaps a bit better breathability. Argument well taken for money spent elsewhere but for me, I’d have paid twice that without blinking. So very satisfied. Hard to wipe away my grin every time I start her up!

I actually have heard the Borla Atak. I was even lucky enough to have it side by side with my stock 19. It's only louder...that's it. Both I and the owner of the other Raptor...happened to be a 2018...agreed that the sound was not that distinguishable except for volume. It's a personal preference and you like yours so it was worth it. Objectively these trucks will never sound good and any performance gains are psychological at best...at least using a cat back exhaust upgrade. Subjectively the sky's the limit on what you can achieve with an cat back exhaust upgrade. I firmly believe that if you have the money and you want it you should get it...YOLO...LOL

Troutrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should have bought a borla attack that's what I got love it no drone whatsoever

The more I drive with my Borla ATAK, the more I absolutely LOVE it! Then again, exhaust note was pretty important to improve for me. It is exactly as I’d hoped and more. Quiet cruising and idling, but lets you know it when you stomp on the skinny pedal! Perfect (for me).