Need shock advise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geno

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Greetings, my stock shocks need to be rebuilt or replaced. I have 91k on the clock and it's time. I'm thinking of getting them rebuilt with the flutter stack mod, then need advice on new springs in the front and new leaf springs in the rear. Truck is primarily my dd and take it off road maybe twice a month. You're advice and input is appreciated.

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Greetings, my stock shocks need to be rebuilt or replaced. I have 91k on the clock and it's time. I'm thinking of getting them rebuilt with the flutter stack mod, then need advice on new springs in the front and new leaf springs in the rear. Truck is primarily my dd and take it off road maybe twice a month. You're advice and input is appreciated.
Deaver leafs in the rear for sure and do you have a place you're rebuilding them at or still looking?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
G

Geno

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have a part number for the deavers? They come in different heights correct? I want the stock look. The guys on here we rebuild shocks are probably the guys I'll use unless I can find some takeoffs locally that haven't been beat to shit. ebay has some factory shocks for around 2200. Little steep, but there are not too many options for us with the gen 1 trucks. You could easily dump 10k into the suspension when the truck books for 30k. For another 20, 10k in suspension plus the trade I could be in a new raptor with a warranty lol. Looking to keep everything under 3k if possible. Thanks for the response bro, and if you can pm me the link to the correct deavers is appreciate it

mpbowyer

Reaction score
I just sent mine in to Forged today. I had 96k miles on them. One front and one rear was stuck down after I removed them.

I'm changing to a flutter stack and getting Viton seals. I could see having them recharged after 25k miles then rebuilt again at 50 next time.

I'll let you know how it goes, but Paul has been very responsive and I'm pretty excited. I ended up with blown upper ball joints, so I'm just replacing all 4 because I'm in there. I'm also excited about finally getting an alignment. I'll probably go with the cam adjusters so I better get them on order.