GEN 2 Need product recommendation for someone with little time or skill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xlr8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a simple to use post wash spray-on wax or coating. I'm not someone who has much time or ability to clean my truck, i just want it to look decent. I once used the Zaino product on an M5 and while it seemed to work well times have changed and it seems like there are simpler options now.

I do not have any polishing tool or a DA and don't plan on buying one. I know how to 2 bucket wash and i have an electric power washer and foam cannon.

After it's washed and dried what's next?

I want something simple that can be used on the paint and plastic.

Thanks all!!

Kahuna

THE MORE YOU PLAY WITH IT, THE BIGGER IT GETS
Reaction score
Two of the easiest to use products are:
1. Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish
2. Ultima Paint Guard Plus

Megs is great because you can even apply it in sunlight.

Ultima is also excellent but it needs to be applied to really clean paint. i.e. do a strip wash with an alkaline soap (none of this PH neutral stuff) before applying.

Both are minimal fuss and will last a couple of months. They don't have the durability of some other sealants but they are so easy to apply that it literally takes 3 minutes after you wash and, boom, you have a pristine coat of sealant. You are not left trying to balance getting rid of dirt and traffic film and saving your precious sealant every wash.

Kahuna

Reaction score
And forget 2 bucket wash. Buy half a dozen noodle mitts, use one then throw it in a bucket to machine wash before using again. That way you are not trying to wash out grit by hand.

Kahuna

Reaction score
No problem.

Foam with Purple Power Car and Boat. Pressure wash. Foam again with Purple power. Use the PP in the cannon to suds up your noodle mitt. Do a panel and throw mitt in bucket to wash. Repeat on next panel with fresh mitt. Rinse. Dry. Apply sealant. Done! Takes under an hour depending on how long you want to faff with your wheels.

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
If time is a concern, and I’m not applying the spray on ceramic, I use Adams detail spray.

actually, the buttery wax goes on and off easy, rain, shine or shade as well, but is a touch more work, but worth mentioning. Detail spray can go on with the truck still wet and rubs off well. If I’m really pressed for time and the truck isn’t filthy, I can hose it down, soap it up, rinse it off and start with the detail spray panel by panel. I’ll blast it dry as practical with a quick application of the leaf blower, but otherwise it’s about as quick a Rap can be washed and dried by hand.

Redleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Use Aerolon, we use it on our F22 Raptors so I’m pretty sure it will be just fine for your Raptor. Goes on wet after you rinse and then dry. I use it on my Raptor and my Raptors..lol. Leaves it really slick and Uncle Sam likes it too..

Raptorrunner2019

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use topcoat F11. Seems to very very fast and easy to apply. Also makes it extremely easy to get bugs and stuff off the front. I use it even without washing if my truck isn't covered in mud and just dirty from rain, dust, etc.

Gerald

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been using the Gtechniq C2V3 spray on coating for all the vehicle surfaces, except the glass. It works great!