Need Opinions on Bead Lock wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Dhowell

Dhowell

Reaction score
Gotta do something 'cause blue & orange just ain't gonna git it! I have the orange interior (which was a screw-up by Ford on the order) and black exterior. I have learned to live with the orange seats but I couldn't get laid if I had orange trimmed wheels. Well, maybe on Halloween...

Yeah I'm not really diggin the blue/orange combo either. I love the black and orange seats. It's part of why I picked the truck I did. I am Clemson Tiger so I'm all about some orange. I also live in Bronco country so the blue/orange combo is probably more accepted here than anywhere else, but....

OP
OP
Dhowell

Dhowell

Reaction score
any issues with plasti dipping the outer rim (the orange part) and getting it all back together? I'm a little nervous that applying plasti dip on top of the already existing paint will make the whole piece too thick to fit back together like it is supposed to...

spirit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plasti-dip info says a coating is about 12 mils thick or the equivalent of 4-5 brushed paint coatings. For reference, a cheap visqueen plastic sheeting is 4 mils so it adds-up pretty quickly, depending on how many coats you will need but I don't think the thickness would present much of a problem. Aside from thickness, there is also the new surface compatibility question. Might be a good idea to call the rim manufacturer and ask them. They have probably heard about every question out there.

muhockey2003

Reaction score
How did you get them for so cheap? Damn I want the beadlocks..much nicer then my stock ones I got.