Need New 6.2 Engine!... Boosted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topgunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about your tranny?? You have how many boosted miles on it? Did you upgrade?

If you are on the stock tranny then at 600whp it will be the next thing to bust. I'm surprised it hasn't already.

OP
OP
dirtsnow

dirtsnow

Reaction score
What about your tranny?? You have how many boosted miles on it? Did you upgrade?

If you are on the stock tranny then at 600whp it will be the next thing to bust. I'm surprised it hasn't already.

Topgunz,

Trans is stock, and healthy. I have a bigger cooler on it which did help a lot with temps in the mountains. According to the Nick at JDM, he says those 6R80 Tranmissions are super tough and will handle that power with no issues for a very long time as long as i keep clean fluid in it. I'm not too worried about the trans after talking to him. If it fails, i'll put a stock one back in it.

Topgunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow. Impressive. Gives me hope..lol.

Did you upgrade the oil pump gears?

OP
OP
dirtsnow

dirtsnow

Reaction score
No, my stock motor that blew had stock oil pump gears.. .. but the new one will definitely have billet one's.

bdawg22

Reaction score
I just lost the #5 cylinder at 70k miles. Is there an issue with the 6.2L . I'm not sure it's worth $10k to put a reman engine in a 2013 SCREW.

OP
OP
dirtsnow

dirtsnow

Reaction score
I just lost the #5 cylinder at 70k miles. Is there an issue with the 6.2L . I'm not sure it's worth $10k to put a reman engine in a 2013 SCREW.

Worth it?...to me it would be because these trucks depreciate so much slower than others. There isn't an issue that I'm aware of. Is your truck supercharged? What happened to yours?

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score

No, there is no issue. You got unlucky with the broken spring. 6.2Ls are very reliable, there are tons of them in Super Duties.

I'll give you the same advice- put a take-out used engine in there. You should be able to have a used engine installed for under 5K. I'd trust a used OEM engine a million times more than any re-manufactured engine.

bdawg22

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, I 'll look for an OEM engine. if anyone is looking for a garage kept Tuxedo Black SCREW that needs an engine,let me know.

Raptor 2014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford doesn't rebuild any of their engines that I know of - They contract it out. There are only a few that rebuild engines for ford. All very capable and very large corporations that rebuild many different platforms for many different companies. How about $12,000,000.00 minimum just in warrantee service yearly from one remanufacture / Failed engines. Obviously I am not going to throw names around. Very large corporations with many plants. This manufacturer doesn't rebuild the 6.2L yet but on their to do list.
So, to answer your question, it's a crap shoot but the odds are in your favor.
Livernois is one of 2 leaders in Ford / Racing type engine platforms. Very competent but you pay for it. Costs money to go fast.

OP
OP
dirtsnow

dirtsnow

Reaction score
Ford doesn't rebuild any of their engines that I know of - They contract it out. There are only a few that rebuild engines for ford. All very capable and very large corporations that rebuild many different platforms for many different companies. How about $12,000,000.00 minimum just in warrantee service yearly from one remanufacture / Failed engines. Obviously I am not going to throw names around. Very large corporations with many plants. This manufacturer doesn't rebuild the 6.2L yet but on their to do list.
So, to answer your question, it's a crap shoot but the odds are in your favor.
Livernois is one of 2 leaders in Ford / Racing type engine platforms. Very competent but you pay for it. Costs money to go fast.

Who is the other "leader"?