Need input please - Forced Induction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoostedToy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m having a difficult time understanding why this is an argument. Both engines are good for their intended purpose, but would agree the the 6.2 was not designed or intended to be a mass air mover at higher rpm’s that you typically are living in for peak HP. It also does not have some of the component designs of the factory forced induction engines.

The Coyote is preferable to either of the options being argued, as are most of the LS (most not factory supercharged, but the 4.8, 5.3 and 6.2 can withstand quite a bit of power and torque for a long time, and I would argue can withstand much more than the stock Ford 6.2) and Hellcat engines. I would take this 6.2, which has 143k supercharged miles on it, over the 5.7 POS in the Sequoia my wife drives. It sheds roughly one quart of oil every 1500 miles (my 6.2 is down ~.5 quart every 5k, depending on how I have driven it).

I like my 6.2 and it has done very well for me. That said, would I be more confident if it were an LS, Hellcat or even blown 5.0 Coyote under the hood versus my TVS-powered 6.2? My answer is yes.

Raptor 2014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't even read this entire thread but - I am sorry for your loss and respect your wishes to finish your brothers project.
Your truck is 6500+ LBS it will never be fast. With a whipple supercharger with basic boltons 550 +/- RWHP. You occasionally will beat a Newer stock GT Mustang or Camaro - They are 2000 +LBS lighter than you. E85 will help if available in your area. Your truck will be a load of fun. You could run N20 as a bonus but even distribution to each cylinder would be a challenge. Don't get pulled into the HP numbers game. Most people just repeat what they read and truely have no clue. The best, easiest, most reliable bolton - in my opinion is the Whipple kit - using a reliable tune - not from Whipple but even then they are using an older compressor design because of space limitations.

OP
OP
B

BSouders80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. Got a lot of input and then some.

I ordered the whipple 2.9L 700 hp kit from JDM
Ordered the after market drive shaft from Axle Exchange
Ordered the RPG Traction bars
Ordered the SW exhaust with S-Tube muffler

Can you guys think of anything else right now?

I thought about headers + oil gears, but thought I'd wait for that until I upgrade the lower end of the engine.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, sorry for all that back and forth with the other member.

I think you're good for now.
The other member might say the same thing, LOL. You guys!! It's entertaining and I'm sure the OP is okay with it.

OP post some pics when your parts arrive! Cool project.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I thought about headers + oil gears, but thought I'd wait for that until I upgrade the lower end of the engine.
Radar detector!

Badboy4fun_wa

Reaction score
Congrats on the selection of parts and making sure the project gets completed!! Doing your Brother a real solid and will forever reward you with smiles every time you fire Her up. Happy Holidays n

Raptor 2014

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You won't really need gears but 4.88 if you plan on 37s - You will still spin the tires in first with stock gears. If no smog laws - Headers good for 10 to 15 RWHP and a proper exhaust - Best guess. This will sound nice THe bottle neck now is the stock exaust manifolds the cats hurt it very little but get rid of them of no smog laws. Headers and free flow exhaust will make your Wipple not have to work so hard

Evil Peaches

Reaction score
And just like that I’m all out of popcorn! That was an interesting read…made me regret my Black Friday purchase for a second…but only for a second .

PTYHRD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your brother. Sounds like you’re going to have a blast honoring him with superchargering the Raptor.

I’m waiting for my JDM tuner to get here. I can’t wait to see how she wakes up.