Need input please - Forced Induction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BSouders80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am about to acquire a 2014 6.2L Raptor. Stock for the most part. This was my brother's truck and he passed away VERY unexpectedly. One thing that he always wanted to do, was either put a Turbo kit on it or go Super Charged.

I looked into the Hellion twin turbo kit - Their production is on hold and will stay on hold until they have at least 10 customers interested. Then there is the UPP turbo kit.

From what I am gathering, the Whipple superchargers are the winner between them and Roush.

Off roading will be very limited. Very mild if any at all.

I was going to go with the twin turbo from hellion, upgraded injectors (95LB) JDM drive shaft and the traction control bars from JDM as well.

Now I'm in a boat with not knowing what direction to go.

With the whipple, is it limted to 700hp, or can it be bumped up considerably? My goal is to get to 800 rwhp. I know that I'll have to do some engine work to go much above the 550-600 rwhp mark and that is okay. Money is not an issue and I want to go over the top since this is a tribute to my brother.

Thank you in advance. All input, good and bad is welcomed.

Regards,

Brian Souders

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Supercharging is easy, retro fitting a turbo will require much more work. If the one company won’t even consider it till 10 people commit tells you just how “popular” turbo is on the 6.2.

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A lot of folks run whipples here. I have a Procharger DS-1.

Haven't heard of many folks turbo-ing the 6.2 though.

800 rear wheel would be insane in a Raptor, I'd like a ride in that!

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My understanding is Hellion stopped the kit for the Gen 1 Raptor due to Tuning issues.

Whipple is your best bet!!!

But 800 rwhp is not going to happen.
800 at the crank yes but you're going have to build up the lower part of the block for durability.

I'm right around 725 hp at the crank, so 561 rwhp

OP
OP
B

BSouders80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much boost are you guys running with the Whipple? Is the whipple capable of 800 rwhp? Assuming the long block is beefed up? What other mods would be needed to get to the level of 800 rwhp?

Thanks for the input.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, there is a member (Biggest) on here that does but I don't think you want to know what it costs.
Livernois's best setup for 50K+ is peanuts to what he spent.
And let's not forget, tranny and rear all have to be built as well.

His very first Dyno run on pump gas he got 773 rwhp and 771 ft lbs. of torque!!!

Fordtechone thinks the 6.2 is a worthless boat anchor, especially when he compairs it to his beloved little 6 banger with little Ecoboost turbos.
It's all about money, always.

A year later, he finally got the 8 rib serpentine system and runs C30 race gas with 21 lbs. of boost he was up 900+ rwhp

To me, that's amazing for a little 2.9L compressor, I'm only doing 11 to 11.5 lbs. of boost.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BSouders80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. My brother wanted to supercharge his truck so I’ll bow out on a turbo setup and stick with the Whipple SC.

My goal is fast, real damn fast. Mostly paved roads. Very little off-roading.

I could pickup the JDM 700hp Whipple kit from JDM Engineering.

What else should I get on order?
Headers?
Drive shaft?
Exhaust?
Traction bars?

What would be the next steps to reach 600+ rwhp?

I appreciate the input.

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trac bars for sure
Exhaust goes without saying

How many miles are on the truck? A big consideration before you go beefing it all up and blowing out the bottom end/Trans/Rearend