need help with wiring for 2013 sony 700 watt system ....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you guys help me on my 2011 with Sony/no Nav figure out tweeter polarity? My wiring on both right and left tweeters is green and purple which is different than diagram above.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you guys help me on my 2011 with Sony/no Nav figure out tweeter polarity? My wiring on both right and left tweeters is green and purple which is different than diagram above.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
if you look at the connector on the other side of the plug where you disconnected the tweeter, the wire colors will be there. but if i remember correctly the purple (or brown?) is the positive.

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

the other question is do you have the amplified system?

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i believe they are 4ohms, but i will have to double check tomorrow

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 PM ----------

the speakers can be upgraded without an issue. eventually you should add an amp and sound processor though.

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i believe they are 4ohms, but i will have to double check tomorrow

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 PM ----------

the speakers can be upgraded without an issue. eventually you should add an amp and sound processor though.
Thanks for checking, but amp and processor would be wasted on my ears.

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you look at the connector on the other side of the plug where you disconnected the tweeter, the wire colors will be there. but if i remember correctly the purple (or brown?) is the positive.

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

the other question is do you have the amplified system?

Beautiful, thanks. Yes, I have the 700W Sony system. Already replaced the head unit, now doing the speakers.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just want to confirm something. I have a component set for the front. As I understand it the factory amp splits the signal already between the door and the tweeter so the passive crossovers I have are useless, right? Just wire in the doors and tweeters to existing wiring and I'm done?

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
wire the door woofers to the existing wiring. remove the inline cap on the tweeter and use the crossover for just the tweeter only.