Need help with which Raptor to buy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Real sorry to hear about your wife’s illness. My sister wears a shirt that says “Cancer Sucks” as she’s a survivor and it surely does. I wish your wife all good vibes.

Get the Raptor loaded, 802A package, technology package. Those are the two major items. After that, it’s whether you want the Recaro seats which I recommend, which comes with carbon fiber trim, the rear and/or hood decals, bead lock capable wheels, bed extender, bed divider, rooms, tailgate step. That’s really about it as far as choices. You can option it fully for about $78k. Mine was 77 and I don’t have ramps, bed extender, divider.

And you definitely want the moonroof, even if you never open it it’s awesome. I never let possible potential problems stop me.

OP
OP
Bullet Bob

Bullet Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses, and especially the prayers. She has her head screwed on right, and her faith in God is strong. The part that tears her heart out is our 13 year old daughter not having a Mama. They're very close.

Anyway, good advice here. We looked again today. Its a toss up between Ruby Red and Lightning Blue. I'm sitting back and enjoying watching her make up her mind. It keeps her from thinking about her situation at the moment. I'll post back when something happens.

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everyone will have a different answer for what you need. I'm also the guy that usually checks every box or I feel cheated. I managed to restrain myself a little and bought a SCAB so I wouldn't have to struggle to get it into the garage. The things I had to have were orange accent, moonroof, bed extender and 802A. I passed on tech pkg, tail gate step, bead lock wheels and graphics.

TxRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your family is in my prayers and best wishes. Looking forward to hear which Raptor you guys decide on.

FNG in FL duhhh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your wife sir. A small prayer for your wife, you and your family. Definitely splurge on that beast of a truck if you can. “No regerts”. Best wishes!

Reaction score
I see no better reason to buy a raptor and makes total sense to me. I hope for all the best for you and that the purchase makes things easier in this hard time.