Need Help with VHF/CB Radio Wiring and more on the Gen1....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZ Surfer

Reaction score
Hey guys looking for some help on wiring inside the cab for my vhf/cb RADIO, GPS, and Lights. Need pics and/or very detailed input.

First thing is the radio... going to mount in the console and would like to use the factory aux switches right in front of the console. I have a thing with making sure all add-ons are wired to ignition. Do you have pics of wire from those switches? Would like to think I would have to run from the firewall back. lol Going to do the GPS as well...from those switched up into the middle of the dash like everyone elses.

Also I want to add some more interior leds and un bedrails as well. Wanting to run from the factory aux switches inside the truck as well.

I was so use to wiring inside of 70s square body chevys and fords. A lot simpler time.

Thanks,
Sean

NateMob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Search the term "Upfitter switches" or "upfitter wiring". Thousands of great posts about it.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys looking for some help on wiring inside the cab for my vhf/cb RADIO, GPS, and Lights. Need pics and/or very detailed input.

First thing is the radio... going to mount in the console and would like to use the factory aux switches right in front of the console. I have a thing with making sure all add-ons are wired to ignition. Do you have pics of wire from those switches? Would like to think I would have to run from the firewall back. lol Going to do the GPS as well...from those switched up into the middle of the dash like everyone elses.

Also I want to add some more interior leds and un bedrails as well. Wanting to run from the factory aux switches inside the truck as well.

I was so use to wiring inside of 70s square body chevys and fords. A lot simpler time.

Thanks,
Sean
You don't have to go through the firewall, I mean you can, but there are factory connections for the upfitter switches on the passenger side just under the glove box to the right just for items like yours.