Need help with tonneau cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OffRoader01

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the Retrax Pro MX and added the Trac rails. the most use I get out of the motorized cover is it locks in place in each position. So most often I can stabilize any load in the back by closing the cover partly.

Trips to Lowe's, Home Depot, etc are really easy even when purchasing large sheets of plywood and drywall as I can just close the cover until it locks against the load and drive away.

When picking up live Christmas trees I drop it in, close the cover and drive away while all the others guys are in the rain tying theirs down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
M

mamula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Retrax Pro MX and added the Trac rails. the most use I get out of the motorized cover is it locks in place in each position. So most often I can stabilize any load in the back by closing the cover partly.

Trips to Lowe's, Home Depot, etc are really easy even when purchasing large sheets of plywood and drywall as I can just close the cover until it locks against the load and drive away.

When picking up live Christmas trees I drop it in, close the cover and drive away while all the others guys are in the rain tying theirs down.

Is there any vendor here that sells retractable for cheaper prices?

kid icarus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All of you that have the retractable, do you miss the cargo space in the bed that it takes up? This was the reason I never went with retractable.

1roadking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would look at the prox 15 by Truxedo. It’s super easy to use, takes up almost 0 front bed space and looks awesome on the truck. It’s not a retractable but just as easy to use if you ask me.

Quaesta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All of you that have the retractable, do you miss the cargo space in the bed that it takes up? This was the reason I never went with retractable.
I thought I would but then I quickly realized I did not buy a moving truck. The most my baby sees is some beach chairs and surfboards. I have a camping trip coming up and might feel differently after then.
The good news is that the box does not go all the way to the floor of the bed. So there is actually some room beneath it that you can slide stuff under.

OP
OP
M

mamula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. Rick at Freedom Motor Sports

I love mine although I got the non-powered.

View attachment 116534

That cover looks like something I will like.
I will see what he can do for me.
Backflips mx4 is cheapest but I just prefer the retractable. I don't care it it takes up space. My raptor is my luxury car. Yes I am a mall crawler. I didn't buy it to go off-road! Retractable will be my only choice now. Thanks for the pics.

OffRoader01

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Won't lie. Sometimes I do miss the space. But most days I like that I have a safe of sorts in the bed of the truck. Especially when shopping or carrying high value items. So in that respect I'd rather give up the space for that capability.

spg993tt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bakflip f1 has worked flawless on a few of our f150s.
the rollbaks are super cool as well and dont block the window when rolled up.