Need help with remote start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
Yeah, they probably bent the bracket. If the switch is still good. Who can afford to let their trucks idle with these gas prices anyway?
Folks Running Shine in GA can ;)
The need often arises for 0-60 exits. Warmed up engine =Less Stress on the new motor;)
Follow Me for more Running from the “The Man” Advice

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
I usually just open the doors, start it up and put all the windows down. But I hear ya, wonder how @John M does it in Vegas when it's over 100 every day and hotter out in the desert.
Man the Fuxk Up y’all. Next thing y’all will be fair weather hikers. I can only hike between 65-80 degrees lol
Windows cracked, windshield aluminum foil up.
Remove Foil, Start Raptor, Windows
down, be thankful I got the Carhartt seat covers so I don’t burn my azzz.
Head on down the Road…
Dogs just stick their head out the windows. I am finding though that my black dogs (No Offense ;) ) don’t like the heat as much. They may not be hiking when it’s 120 outside :(
They can only dissipate so much heat.
That GA heat is MFING Brutal!! I use to sweat drying off in the shower. 99 degrees with 90% humidity. Butterfly Wings was a constant problem..lol
I lived 2yrs at Ft Benning with my F150, 3 on the tree, NO MFING A/C!!
If I tried that today, I’d be dead in a week :grd::happy175::happy160:

PRO HIKER TIP- When I’m going out Hiking or Off-roading and it’s over 100 at the Crib, it’s going to 5-10 degr hotter out in the Desert. Military Heat Category 4 or MFING HOTTTT!!
I never turn the A/C on, I climatize lol. Helps keep the Raptor from running to hot too. I almost destroyed my Jeep, running a Colorado like shelf road with a 2500’ climb up from the river. It was July and 115%+ degrees. Head Up-Azzzz cruising along with A/C on high..got all sorts of bells whistles and warnings that the transmission was about to blow-up! It was a 20 mile hike to the hardball and cell coverage. Pre-In -Reach Rescue Sat device days.
As noted in “what I carry on the trail” I had my pack, water etc. ALWAYS WITH ME.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MurderedOutSVT

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How to start a Raptor in the winter:
1) plug it in at night, lift wipers,
2) start up truck and turn climate control to auto,
3) turn on heated seat to high
4) scrap windshield and pour warmer water over the remaining ice, put wipers back down, unplug truck, etc
5) get in truck with gloves on (not a gen 2) and put gear selector in drive,
6) go to the chevy dealership and get your lower rad hose put on!
Who tf plugs in a Raptor? Thats borderline getting her removed from your care

OP
OP
MurderedOutSVT

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man the Fuxk Up y’all. Next thing y’all will be fair weather hikers. I can only hike between 65-80 degrees lol
Windows cracked, windshield aluminum foil up.
Remove Foil, Start Raptor, Windows
down, be thankful I got the Carhartt seat covers so I don’t burn my azzz.
Head on down the Road…
Dogs just stick their head out the windows. I am finding though that my black dogs (No Offense ;) ) don’t like the heat as much. They may not be hiking when it’s 120 outside :(
They can only dissipate so much heat.
That GA heat is MFING Brutal!! I use to sweat drying off in the shower. 99 degrees with 90% humidity. Butterfly Wings was a constant problem..lol
I lived 2yrs at Ft Benning with my F150, 3 on the tree, NO MFING A/C!!
If I tried that today, I’d be dead in a week :grd::happy175::happy160:
This man understands souff GA heat and its ability to destroy

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Who tf plugs in a Raptor? Thats borderline getting her removed from your care
When it’s minus 20c or -35f you plug your truck in, I’m not starting a truck I love with Molasses in the oil pan, plus the heater works faster, but you probably don’t even know what snow is living in the south!

OP
OP
MurderedOutSVT

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When it’s minus 20c or -35f you plug your truck in, I’m not starting a truck I love with Molasses in the oil pan, plus the heater works faster, but you probably don’t even know what snow is living in the south!
Yours had a block heater option? Thise are usually reserved for diesels down here